Arakure Ojousama wa Monmon Shiteiru - Ch. 42 - Exotic Island, Exciting Story

Supporter
no, some manga artists have a same-face issue
only their eyes are different, and not by much
image-2024-07-31-125928020.png
They have differently shaped faces, though. Of course, it could be more different, but it's not like there is zero differences. Once you get used to seeing faces in hijabs, it's easy to tell the differences.

Dex-chan lover
They have differently shaped faces, though. Of course, it could be more different, but it's not like there is zero differences. Once you get used to seeing faces in hijabs, it's easy to tell the differences.
I've noticed women who wear hijabs always have the beauty of their eyes increase like ten fold IRL. I can see why traditional belly dancers also wore the face veil too. It forces you to gaze into them since the hijab frames the face more significantly than hair usually does.

Man, I don't know how much more I can stand of it. Guy is such a jackass.

Supporter
It's actually quite sad that Kiritani is so ashamed of his own sexuality. Tsubaki had the nurse to help her through her own embarrassment, wish she were here to help Kiritani deal with villainizing perfectly normal and healthy behavior.
I've been expecting to see the nurse getting involved for a while - the way she dealt with Tsubaki was absolutely brilliant, and Mr Public Morals Officer himself really needs some help . . .

I didn't expect Chihara to do such a good job of keepin' it real for him, though - a bit of healthy guy talk between the two of them could go a long way, if Tadashi didn't blow up immediately (which would be a challenge, for sure).

Supporter
Yeah, I think there's more variation in the fine details of the faces than people are giving credit for, though it's not always easy to judge - the art style tends to keep the details to a minimum outside any relatively close up perspectives, and when you're used to picking the differences between characters based on things like hairstyle (which is very common in manga) it's not always easy to refocus on other details.

The thing that did throw me a bit was the fact that the hijabs themselves all looked very very similar - not just the colour but the arrangement and the details as well. It almost looked unnatural - almost but not quite like a cut and paste job.

Though I think that's actually understandable in the context of the story - this is likely to be the first time any of them has worn a hijab, and I imagine they had someone come and give instructions, so basically everyone will be following that set of instructions and resulting in only small variations. And you'd probably need to have insane self-confidence to play around with the way your hijab was tied when you were on your first visit to an Islamic country and everyone around you was following along with the instructions . . . Though I'm a tiny bit disappointed that the author didn't have Tsubaki take the lead a bit - she's visited the Maldives before, enough to have ideas for a perfect makeout spot, it wouldn't be surprising if she already had experience with wearing a hijab and had her own sense of style and individuality . . . I mean, it's very far from the focus of the story, but it's the kind of thing that would be in character for her.

Fed-Kun's army
Acting like hijab fetish is shocking when most mangas have hot nuns.
My brotha in Christ all women that are symbols of chastity are fetishized like fuck.
"most mangas" it's wild
We all know what ur reading bro

Dex-chan lover
"most mangas" it's wild
We all know what ur reading bro
Black lagoon
Black clover
Magical index
Trinity blood
Hellsing
Fire force
Most isekais
Most mangas in a western setting

Nah you just don't pay attention or are a child, sexy nuns is such a common trope in fiction it's a trope called "Naughty Nun."

Edit remembered some more:
Claymore
Chrono crusade
Welcome to the NHK
Black butler

Fed-Kun's army
Black lagoon
Black clover
Magical index
Trinity blood
Hellsing
Fire force
Most isekais
Most mangas in a western setting

Nah you just don't pay attention or are a child, sexy nuns is such a common trope in fiction it's a trope called "Naughty Nun."

Edit remembered some more:
Claymore
Chrono crusade
Welcome to the NHK
Black butler
yeahh i get what u mean, such an overused trope btw

Dex-chan lover
comment so I can find this manga easier later. keyword, number, frame, expel, prefect, student council president, horny lady,

Dex-chan lover
No matter where you are, it's almost always a good thing to refuse getting a ride from strangers in an unfamiliar country.

This is very good advice that I didn't follow when I was younger. Back in July 2017, I was a tourist in London. It was during the height of popularity of Pokemon Go and it was one of those mythical clear days the locals kept talking about so everyone was out playing. I got into talking with a few of strangers and we decided to take one of their cars to drive around London playing pokemon go. Thing is, there weren't enough seats so I volunteered to be put into the boot. Passed the day catching Pokémon with them.

In hindsight, this was a very dumb move. However, it's a very unique experience that I cherish to this day LMAO.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the author is a fan of that one allegedly muslim and non-japanese Hentai artist that got arrested a couple of years ago. Saying this because the way the girls were drawn in hijab kinda have the same vibe as the artist that got arrested.

Edit: I think the arrested artist pen name was Hijabholic.
i think that artist is from malaysia.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa hijab chapter? I didn't expect any even though I knew their trip is is in Maldives.

The author really nailed the hijab and a very beautiful way at that.

Stay halal brother

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread