Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 8 Ch. 46 - "That Person"

Fed-Kun's army
I really don't give a fuck about this girl anymore (the healer girl from school), when MC said "fuck here too" I stop giving any care and as soon as vampire loli entered the scene there is no longer any need for here, but you know that as the universe expands so does the harem so meh

Dex-chan lover
I don't know any more than what I've read here, but his growth as a person has exceeded his classmates' at this point.
I mean, they're still stuck on the school kid mindset: do what you're told, don't stand out, make decisions based on groupthink and not information or ethics.
He's become an adult in more ways than just hitting the lolibaba; the only way Shira-whatever can compete is if he still crushes on her... and why would he lead with his d*ck when he has many oppai other choices?
But she’s nice, and I hope he doesn't shoot her.

Dex-chan lover
@Seraphus @daniel345
Well, if you want me to spoil it for you
Hajime ends up with 8 wives, including not only both Kaori and Shizuku (her friend with the ponytail) but also their teacher, Aiko, Tio, Shia, Liliana (the princess), Yui (obviously as first/head wife), and Myu's Mom, Remia.
And a +1 mistress relationship with the girl named Yuuka that he saved before he fell, which neither of them conform as being real, but more or less are reluctantly forced to accept since just about all of the other students who are not his wives (and even they sorta push for it at times) see it like that.

More specific details:
Hajime makes it abundantly clear that Yui is his priority above all others, but doesn't reject her love confession outright, he more or less just says that she is allowed to think what she wants and he wont stop her from loving him, but that she shouldn't expect too much to come from it on his end because he has Yui already. Obviously this thinking changes though
Especially after she gets killed and he has to revive her into a new body, which is insanely more powerful than her old one, like to the point where she is close to being on equal footing to the rest of the harem now kind of strong.

Also, besides Remia, Aiko, and Liliana, everyone else becomes more or less a part of the main focus group going forwards from the moment they join up with his group, (Kaori will be the next one of them to join immediately after this arc too.)

And of his group of wives, only Tio receives shots, but that is more of his reward for her than him giving her a punishment. They have a strong S+M focused relationship. Even if Hajime doesn't ever outright agree to one, he still plays along with her fetish.

@RedlineAlchemist
You will not like him then. He is the textbook example for whinny bitch hero who thinks that they are always the one in the right until just about the very end.

Aggregator gang
@JavelinJoe you are 100% right. I can't stand "heroes" or harems most of the time. If that hero with 2 brain cells had been the one with a harem I'd have tossed this to the wind at the start.

Dex-chan lover
i'm glad he actually killed her instead of going generic stupid garbage add to my harem route. people complaining just go back to reading trash art online, thanks

Double-page supporter
After 2 replies and all their responses I've reached a conclusion: I, a manga reader, don't have all the pieces to say that he made a good choice. I have no clue as to how the LN approaches worldbuilding, but it is clear that there are things the manga doesn't tell us: the strength and tactics of regular humans to combat their presumably stronger foes, literally anything on the demons, rules of engagement... I guess that's the logical consequence of a misanthropic, edgy and OP mc, I wish the rest of the main cast would instigate some sort of "sidequests" that would shed some light on the world, cus Hajime clearly doesn't care. Anyway, I'm left with thr assumptions I get from consuming other fantasy media, and from them I can't justify an execution. The LN might have done a better job, enlighten me if that's the case.

Fed-Kun's army
"Don't kill the defenceless", pff what a joke. Shit about humanity and all, if there's no people like Hajime that kill your enemy, you will be the one dead. In the end it all just self satisfaction, thinking sparing your enemy is greatness and show of power.

Dex-chan lover
@Seraphus
Honestly, Hajime and Tio likely get the most demonstrations of their relationship throughout the series, besides maybe for Yui. The only wife who seemed a little bit forced is Aiko, but she also doesn't get a lot of "screen time" as compared to the others.

And for Kaori, she does get her body back, but in kind of a in a "Danny Phantom" style where she can transform fully, or just use bits and pieces as needed. The new form is literally angelic, which has a duel weilding combat style too, so Kaori isn't going to just be sitting back as a healer bot, if that help.

Dex-chan lover
@RedlineAlchemist
Trust me, he gets fucking owned by Hajime at least 2 times.

First time is when he convinced himself that Hajime had brainwashed everyone (which he doesn't let go of until the very end). Hajime literally puts him in a hole in the ground with an air pipe so he can breath, hardens the surface in the general area immensely, then drops flash bangs and tear gas grenades into his box.

The second time he actually tries to fight Hajime, by willingly becomming possessed in one of those "fight your inner demons" trials, so Hajime kicks the shit out of him and he ends up being the only one who missed out on the clear reward for the dungeon, which was age of god magic.

The hero is the #1 tool and gets used by literally everybody because of how easily he is to decieve. He has the information seeking bad habit of a fanatical flat-earther, where he only cares about what supports his beliefs, and is a compulsive justice freak who tries to force his own morals and values onto everybody, and becomes a whinny bitch when they don't listen and throws a tantrum like a spoiled 4 year old kid.

Part of this is his upbringing though. His parents, specifically his Dad is also a justice freak, but actually in the good way. The Hero basically grew up idolizing him, and was never told no, or corrected if he was wrong, so he had developed some pretty shitty habits.

Lastly, he does believe he is the Harem Protagonist, kind of like the kid who already got offed by Hajime, but not as vocally expressive about it. He is convinced that both Kaori and Shizuku want nothing but his dick. Even though its basically public knowledge that Kaori is practically a yandere for Hajime, even before they were isekai'd.

Dex-chan lover
Just like @JavelinJoe mentioned in their spoilers, Kouki during story is just an insufferable idiot. The what if isekai protagonist couldn’t get their heads out of their butts and made life miserable to those around them because they believe their logic is absolutely correct and never listen to others.

@RedlineAlchemist

One thing for sure you’ll want to reread over and over again.
Shizuku punching his face over and over and over until he shuts up and becomes obedient at the end of the main story. You’ll derive some great satisfaction from that. Because the idiot is brainwashed at that point and still thinks he’s doing good even though he becomes an enemy of mankind. And he even thinks that if he kills his friends and has certain character revive them will break Hajime’s “brainwashing.”

His redemption arc happens in after story and only makes him somewhat tolerable. But you’ll be like “Took you damn long enough! Can we have Shizuku beating his face in again?”

Dex-chan lover
After that plastic surgery he doesn't even look the same anymore.

She would've been imprisoned and tortured anyways. If the hero really thought it's better to keep her alive so she can meet her husband, tough luck.

little different than the anime
and in a later chapter in the wn everyone escaped

Users who are viewing this thread