Arte

Dex-chan lover
@madthejoin based on whose life? Never heard of a woman named Arte in history before

Wow, this is one of the best Mangas I have read. Really loved it and I cannot wait for more. This is one of the few Mangas I have read that has made me want to get off my ass and work on my own passions.

Dex-chan lover
I expect that with the anime in April this manga will receive a good boost in readers.

Group Leader
The second official trailer just dropped: https://youtu.be/h6oDlJNIsyM

Something of a pet peeve of mine : Catarina is a blonde despite the fact that both of her parents are dark-haired and nobody ever thought this weird?

Aggregator gang
@SandiKurniaP An incredibly simplified explanation: If both parents have a recessive blond-hair gene, their child has a 25% chance of having blond hair.

Brown; blond

+---------+
|BB| Bb|
+---------+
|Bb| bb|
+---------+

They wouldn't know the details during the Renaissance of course, but a blond child would likely not have been unheard of in noble circles, where family ties often crossed borders.

Group Leader
"Arte" anime trailer #3: https://youtu.be/t3Kcgkj2G_M

...and a little bit of silliness - the voice actors for Arte and Leo attempt to "speed-draw" their characters: https://youtu.be/_guFbho1nLw

@0181sam i was about to begin it and saw that comment , i just went through the wiki and sincerely hope the author is just basing it on this character and will not include this in it cause its just sad tbh and would not have a really relevent goal, i mean she end her life being regarded as a curiosity its only after her death that she was regarded as one of the best artist of her era.
so it would be a really shitty ending, im reluctant to start it now but well i dont think the author is taking this route since Leo doesnt appear anywhere in the real story so i guess its just based on and just taking an original route

Dex-chan lover
@MangaRogue

Per Baka-Updates, they were previously translated by a group called "Silent Manga Audition".... which doesn't appear to be a traditional group based on my 120 seconds of research.....

Based on what I saw, my guess is that the early chapters were pulled due to this getting an official English release.

@Moraza

That's really annoying. Stuff like this makes it difficult to follow anything on mangadex, forcing me to turn other places to read something to completion.

yu6

Contributor
@Moraza: if I remember well, "Silent Manga Audition" was an "official" (if I remember well) translation group. They released a new chapter once a month so you were able to read the first one and the last one but I don't remember if for free or for registered members. Dunno if they are still alive or not but they dropped the Arte manga around chapter 10

Double-page supporter
@migh
The inspiration this manga takes is "woman named arte(misia) who painted in the early 16th century". The rest of the story is so divorced from reality it's almost an insult to the real story.

Users who are viewing this thread