Arte

Group Leader
Hello,
Just a heads-up: the OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION of Arte (Volume 1) has been re-released May 21 as a digital download.
The new re-release has the complete file (194 pages)!

Re: those who purchased the incomplete file (57 pages) back in October, and are still unable to access the complete version:
a) if you purchased from Amazon, contact Online/Chat Support, and they'll be able to update within half-an-hour;
b) if you purchased from BookWalker, you can contact them via email, and they'll do the correction in a couple of days.

Also, Volume 2 of the Official English Translation is scheduled for release on Jun 4!

Group Leader
Hello,
Just to confirm that Volume 2 of the Official English Translation was released Jun 4.
And yes, all the pages are accounted for!

Hopefully, this means they are committed to translating the series in its entirety.

the biggest impression is that of a Japanese that thinks gestual and verbal communication is the same as in Japan

This is a manga, written by a Japanese person for the Japanese market. It needs to be easily understood by readers in that market. Are you actually expecting an authentic recreation of 16th century Florentine "gestural and verbal communication" within those parameters? I wouldn't even expect that from an Italian comic with the same subject matter.

Dex-chan lover
For those who like this manga I came with recommendations.
First, episodes 11 and 12 of podcast "History on Fire", about Caravaggio.
And the podcast "Tides of Story", and all it's episodes about what was happening, and how, on Italy during the end of the middle ages and renaissance.

Dex-chan lover
What a fucken roller coasters this last 12 hours!
First read the new Watamote chapter, as always from the server before being officially published, close the chapter and KyoAni is burning! Get tired of suffering and went to sleep, with the help of the cat in my bedroom, now I awake, discover that the KyoAni news was even worse than the worst nightmares, close the tab unable to see more and bam, Arte anime is coming!

Someone hug me hard!

Group Leader
Hello,
Just to confirm that:
Volume 3 of the Official English Translation was released Jul 16 (that's one new release a month for the last 3 months!);
Volume 10 of the Official Italian Translation was released Jul 18;
News about the manga getting an anime adaptation officially broke Jul 19; and
the latest tankobon (Volume 11) was released Jul 20.

Lots of good things happening for Arte, it looks like. 😊

I don't think I can ever get into this manga due to the carefree and naive depiction of slavery in the earlier chapters. And it's not like it was a plot point either, it's just brushed aside.

Arte's world is very small imo. Even the development up to volume 11 didn't involve much people, and that's all. <- does this include spoilers? I hope not. I only gave points.
But if you pay more attention to the development of rich girls who plunge into the harsh world, this is interesting.
Arte's perspective on new things was good. She only saw the view given from the window of her room, but then she would learn to trace the bitterness of the lives of poor people who were really eyeing dreams, different from her backgrounds.
I initially didn't go in at first but over time it got better.

Users who are viewing this thread