Asahina-san no Bentou Tabetai - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I
That's Sou (the friend, who is narrating the scene) as a kid. The words aren't really there, but this is my takeaway now that I've had some time to gather my thoughts together.

Seiya's mother yells and beats him because he likely looks far more like his father, so that causes her to lash out. So she in turn latches on to Sou who does not, to treat him as the son she really wants (this can even be tied back to Sou's flashbacks from chapter 4).

So we come to here where Sou ends up yelling at Seiya not because he's angry at him, but being angry for him. They've been together for, let's say around a decade (Sou only says he'd been going to Seiya's house every day "since I was little" so I'm just trying to make easy math of that being ~6, and now they're in the middle of high school, so ~16), and he's seen all of these things that have gone on in his life. And despite all of that, nothing seems to bring any affect out of Seiya, even after the funeral when no repercussions would happen.
I was really confused as to why Sou called her mom, when she was clearly seiya's mother, but what you say makes sense.

Dex-chan lover
Title of this manga is the epitome of false advertisement.
What you mean? The title is "I want to eat Asahina-san's bentou", and it's a manga about a guy who wants to eat the bentou of a girl with the surname "Asahina".

He also has (had) an abusive mother and is a prostitute, but that's alongside the fact that he wants to eat the bentou of a girl named Asahina.

It's not his fault Asahina won't put out (her lunch).

Dex-chan lover
Man... his mom hugging his friend after she beat him up probably fucked both of them up...

Maybe it's too easy if that's the reason, but Seiya might be seeing his mom's cooking in Asahina's bento. I'm guessing his mom's cooking after the divorce, because it seemed like she didn't suck at cooking before that.

I hope Seiya can eventually move on from the scar his mom gave him. And really, that curse before she died... she is a massive cunt. Why blame your child for the misbehavior of his father? And what also puzzles me is why they allowed Seiya to stay with her, when she was clearly abusing him. Maybe if the child doesn't want to, they can't separate them and that's what happened?

Dex-chan lover
Why do I have a feeling he's attached to trying to eat her lunch bc she remind him of his mom

Or Her dad is his dad and he wants to her closer using her

Dex-chan lover
His mom went from happy housewife to that in such a cartoonish way that I can't take this manga seriously anymore. Feels like the author is just winging it since chapter 10

Edit: And that ending :kek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread