Asahina Wakaba & Her Chubby-Chubby Boyfriend - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
knowing how kind this dude is, i honestly think this would be the best moment to tell him the truth, hell i think he would help her pretend in front of the fuckers while they work out a proper solution, but theres only like 15% chance of her telling him, she just started to be confortable around him and shes still really fucking afraid of the fuckers, so i dont think is gonna happen

this is so good.... i love it sm.... rooting for these two to get along!

Dex-chan lover
I hope their families all meet up eventually. That feels like it'd be an absolute blast to see all the personalities bounce off each other. Also, I'm glad Asahina finally allowed herself to have fun on he date. I was thinking she'd stay mostly gloomy throughout the whole thing.

Dex-chan lover
Just adorable! 🥺

And I think she already know what to answer.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!

I keep waiting for the group of mean people to show up and do their snickering "Oh, you two are daaa~aating?" routine, embarrassing the FMC and ruining all the atmosphere. I'm glad the two of them are genuinely getting along for now, though!

Dex-chan lover
My romcom drama senses are telling me she’s never gonna tell him the truth behind her confession even after learning he’a a genuinely good person

Aggregator gang
im guessing that this will go down a very generic melodrama route where she falls in love with him for real yet somehow fails to admit that she was forced into it at the start; the bullies/iruma's sister will most likely use this fact to blackmail her and that will be the core of the story for the next 30 chapters

@runfromwolves my fear exactly. I was rather enjoying this but

Simply confessing now that she had a really great time and she loves his personality, that originally she asked him out as a forfeit, but now she knows him better she would really like to continue, is going to leave us with rather a short story, unless it focusses on giving the bullies their come-uppance.

We can but hope...

Dex-chan lover
I'm too scared of what's gonna happen in the future chapters

I can already tell she's going to get addicted to games, have a good time together, then be forced to break it off only to realise she was wrong and try to get back together at his house, maybe hug/kiss there for the first time. This is pure fanservice, but I'm enjoying it so far, so whatever.

Dex-chan lover
Okay that english question was hard. I was confused by it. English is a very confusing language (especially the U.S. corrupted version), but shouldn’t there have been a comma or something after “in my book”? Or at least some context to make it clear that as being used as an expression (that could gave easily been meant literally)? That was a really unfair question.

Anyway. If she’s smart (and this manga is really good), she’ll just come clean about the punishment and say she would love to keep hanging out though. This way there are no harsh feelings, less pointless drama, and they have complete control over the situation (what the bullying is trying to do won’t work and they can just pretend). He’s obviously a really nice and chill guy, and she clearly enjoys hanging out with him. There’s no classmates there (probably; it doesn’t seem like she was told where to go). Otherwise I’ll probably drop this manga, because I know where this plot is going (seen it before, but more wholesome/fluff and enjoyable) and I can’t say I enjoy all the easily avoidable drama. She’ll start to actually like him, she’ll either start to feel really bad and/or the bullies will reveal what happened to the male lead, she’ll be hated, and after explanation and a heart to heart they’ll start dating for real and be happy (most likely with more drama in between because dumb bully bitches).

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261 Nah, it was a completely valid and very obvious questions, especially in the context of a multiple choice quiz. But even without that its meaning is obvious - if you have come across the expression previously, i.e. you've read plenty of English at a reasonably high level. So for her it was very hard, for him - well, he just didn't want to rain on her parade by stealing the spotlight.

-

Hmm.. he's got a sister who is like that - he might be fully aware of the risk that this is just some kind of tease/prank, but he's strong enough to be willing to take the risk and run with it as if it was a true confession (rather than risking sabotaging himself through anxiety).

Users who are viewing this thread