Asebi and Adventurers of Sky World - Vol. 9 Ch. 51 - Betrayal and loss

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be super satisfying to get super edgy Yuu killing robots like a psychopath.

Dex-chan lover
broke: mourning asebi
woke: mourning yuu's SICK ASS BEAM NAGINATA

Double-page supporter
manga ruined. if they dont kill licorice now this is going to suck even more. it will suck the most if they forgive her. ugh

Aggregator gang
I don't care what reasons she has or if she helps later, I wish her a painful death.

And I hope Yuu goes nuclear on their asses, I hope author-kun won't chicken out. :)

Fed-Kun's army
For the people trashtalking and slandering Licorice, you guys do realize that the MC and his allies/rivals were going to a country that is still alive to steal technology, don't you? You guys don't get to judge Licorice when the MC and the other characters have been wrong since the beginning.(They could've been excused before Licorice became a thing, there's no longer any excuse now). Also Licorice didn't really betray anyone, if anything Nazuna did. As Nazuna shot Asebi on her own, and not as a part of a deal.

Dex-chan lover
I'd love this chapter if not for the obvious future asspull that will bring asebi back

I guess we'll at least some some character development

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer They're actually going there for the adventure, at least the MC's ship is. They do kinda want to bring back tech, but there is no indication they want to -steal- it. Before they thought the place had no people, no they know, but they haven't actually sense then addressed it, actually the only time bringing back tech came up was just before leaving. We don't actually know how they plan to get it.

And even still she was kinda fine with that either way. so Betraying them at this stage is a dick move, they have no engineer now on a ship that requires one to get through, unless they're lucky or something else happens, to get them an engineer, they're dead.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer
Licorice didn't betray anyone ? WHAT ?!
THEY SAVED HER PROTECTED HER DID EVERYTHING AND SHE SIDES WITH THAT RANDOM ANDROID MODULE WHO YOU KNOW YOU CANT TRUST AND THEN KILLS ONE OF YOUR BENEFACTOR WITH NO WAY OF KNOWING IF SHE CAN BE BROUGHT BACK AND POSSIBLY EVEN FORCE DAHILIA TO BETRAY THEM TOO AND YOU DARE TELL SHE DIDNT BETRAY ANYONE ?

Fed-Kun's army
@Warpbeast "Licorice didn't betray anyone ? WHAT ?!
THEY SAVED HER PROTECTED HER DID EVERYTHING AND SHE SIDES WITH THAT RANDOM ANDROID MODULE WHO YOU KNOW YOU CANT TRUST AND THEN KILLS ONE OF YOUR BENEFACTOR WITH NO WAY OF KNOWING IF SHE CAN BE BROUGHT BACK AND POSSIBLY EVEN FORCE DAHILIA TO BETRAY THEM TOO AND YOU DARE TELL SHE DIDNT BETRAY ANYONE ?"

You only need to use your eyes and you'll instantly know what happened, Licorice only wanted the ship to avoid the battle with the battle androids so she tried to leave with Nazuna beforehand. This much is obvious if look at the fact that most of the Battle Androids were there waiting for Nazuna to bring Licorice and her ship. Instead of betrayal she was trying to do something to lessen the dangers of the journey. Which would've been perfect if Nazuna didn't act on her own and shot Asebi. As for the "being brought back" part. Isn't that why Licorice told Yuu to head to Brant? She knows exactly that Asebi can be brought back, that's why she told him to head there.

Dex-chan lover
The battle androids weren't there to bring Licorice in but to intercept the other fleet, they wanted for the party to get to Brant to oppose Asebi's father, Yuu and co just got dragged into the fight.
She still betrayed them after realising her life was still there, we don't know what Nazuna told her but risking the life of her friends, willing to manipulate Dahilia along with Asebi and barely reacting when Asebi died even if there's a chance she's back is bs. She betrayed them and deserve to be betrayed but Yuu will forgive her and everyone else too and there will be barely any consequence for her just because the writer has to make things move faster due to early cancellation, this is annoying and happenning WAYY too fast (Licorice realising her life isn't over just because her old civ is gone and then suddenly going back on it).

She betrayed them and shouldn't be excused for whatever good reasons Nazuna gave her.

Fed-Kun's army
@Warpbeast No they were indeed there to intercept the other ship, however they were also there to "welcome" the MC's ship, as stated at an earlier chapter by one of the battle androids. Thing is, Licorice has no way of knowing what the Battle android plans are, so no she cannot make a "better choice" and simply trust the MC to be able to deal with everything, especially because she knows full well what the Battle androids are vapable of acchieving.

"willing to manipulate Dahilia along with Asebi and barely reacting when Asebi died even if there's a chance she's back is bs" The problem with your reasoning is that you're failing to understand what it means for Licorice to be a survivor from the old empire. Her way of thinking is very different from MC and the others. But before I explain that, I'll have to refute the "barely react" statement, she clearly tried to stop Nazuna from destroying Asebi's core and was distressed about the whole ordeal her invitation clearly showed that. Lastly being capable of manipulating people does not make a person evil, especially if she's doing that for what she percieves as being a good reason.

Continuing from where I stopped, Licorice is from a society that built, mantained and used those androids, do you really think she'd be all emotional for seeing an android lose their core, knowing that android owners always keep a backup to prevent losses?
Of course not, she knows full well that Asebi can be "revived", yes it's not a "chance", she's 100% sure of that. That's why she wasn't that altered about the whole thing.
MC had a different reaction because this thing is not normal for him. The same thing would happen if we had the means to revive people, all of a sudden no one would actually feel "anything" from hearing about someone's death. I mean surely people would be pissed at the person who killed their friends, the same way one would be for someone who hurt your friend. But the concept of grieving someone's loss would simply disappear.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer
Being able to manipulate people isn't evil if you don't put it into practice but manipulating people even if you have a "good reason" isn't excusable anyway that's why we can be tried for bad results of unvoluntary actions even if certain actions were made in "good faith".

Licorice came to the realisation that her life wasn't just contained to old empire and decided to throw it all away (even if it's understandable and I do) it's not excusable and you can't really trust her anymore, what I really don't want is what is usually done in mangas where it's sweeped under the rug and addressed, wether they make up or not, just address it.

Users who are viewing this thread