Ashita wa Doyoubi

Contributor
Is the status related to the scanlation or to the original? because it's still missing half the chapters

@lightingcloud I think it relates to the original, since the series ended in two volumes. But we have yet to see the second volume scanlated.

Power Uploader
I'm taking over this project under BAP Scans. The releases will be delay since I have a delay time for BAP Scans :x We're using Chinese raws, so I apologize for the name changes~

Yes I know there's a typo. I was doing this in the middle of the morning, like 3 am morning time D:

Double-page supporter
@NibbPower even if you are using the Chinese raws there really is no reason to change the character names that appear in the original Japanese source and Anime adoption. It does not make sense and reads strange.

Power Uploader
@Dagger So you're basically saying that every manga that translated from Japanese > Chinese are strange. I don't know why that sounded offensive. A lot of anime especially, re-arrange the language. There are couple of anime that was originally supposed to be Chinese but they made it into Japanese. It depends all on who take up the project.

The only thing I need to remind you is not to be rude. I took the project and did it. I have no other Japanese Translator that wants to do this project, so I took it up as a Chinese project. The other thing is, if new characters comes in and there isn't any other way. I have to still use Chinese names.

@NibbPower No, it's conventionally proper to use the original Japanese names when translating to English, whether you're using a JP or CH source, unless there's a very good reason not to.

There's no reason why you couldn't just use the JP names, which is what people are complaining about.

If you were translating a Chinese adaptation of a Japanese story, it would be fine to use Chinese names. But this isn't a Chinese adaptation, it's a Chinese translation. So if you wanted to do an English translation, it would be proper to use the original Japanese names.

If a new character comes up, then you'd have to do your research to determine what the correct name is --- that's part of the job of a translator.

Power Uploader
@Nawakomiya I never read the comic before, I only searched this up on MangaUpdates. I had my reasons to keep it as Chinese names to keep it consistent with any other new characters that comes in. It'll be completely insane to have a Chinese name and a Japanese name at the same time.

I did have a reason. I just explained it. I do not know which character is for whom. I just copy and pasted from the Spanish raw.

I apologize if this is based off of Japanese, but we do not have any Japanese Translator that want to do this. As another scenario, we do not have Japanese raws either. I don't even think it's possible for me to even buy the raws considering, we don't do profit at all. It's free scanlation / non-profit thing that we fan do it accordingly.

I think you're mistaking something. You expect me, a Chinese translator, to ask a Japanese Translator for a name that I have no original text for? That is impossible to do.

To end it all, before the staff comes in and tells us to stop arguing. If you are not satisfied with the comic because I chose to do Chinese, then oh wells. We gave you a chapter and I explained why. If you have any problems, you are free to find some other group to do a Japanese version. But I do not have a Japanese version at all.

Group Leader
@NibbPower
I just took a quick look through the japanese raws, and there aren't any new characters in the remaining chapters. Mina's siblings show up one chapter, but their names aren't mentioned at all, and later on Takagi and Mano from the manga this one spun off of, Karakai Jouzu Takagi san, are mentioned a single time, so I don't think you need to worry about new characters if that's your main concern. I understand that you don't have to translate this at all, but I feel like using the familiar japanese names for the characters, especially because they are characters we know from not only 25 chapters of this manga, but also from another well loved manga as well, would greatly improve the readers' experience. I can even give you the japanese raw that I found if you really need the original text to use the japanese names for some reason.

So we've got not only googletrans-tier translation but also this translation from chinese scanlate and with chinese names to boot. Splendid.

Power Uploader
@Rugid What do you mean by Google translation? Are you really going to diss every translation because I translated from Chinese instead of Japanese?

Power Uploader
Names will be changed on chapter 27. I made a mistake on one of the comments to set at Chapter 28. I was supposed to release chapter 27 last night but I got busy with other projects. So chapter 27 was will revert to japanese names even though I don't know who is who, so I'll just use the spanish scans temporarily to figure out which one is for which one.

Why's everyone so butthurt that the translator who decided to pick up this project for FREE decided to keep a few names as is from the raws he had on hand?

Dex-chan lover
Aaaww.... I was just getting used to calling them Yum Yum, Kway Teow and Dim Sum.

Group Leader
@NibbPower
Hey, you need a proofreader? I'm still learning Japanese and don't know any Chinese so I can't translate, but I can proofread easily.

Aggregator gang
@Melikjeloo
dubnamechange_v9001_1987.png

It's like we suddenly switched from English to EU French without being asked.

As a personal example, it's like every time someone talks to you, they mispronounce your name. Like this:
"Melikejello. Why don't you respond to my comments Melikejello?"

Or they completely reassign your name against your will:
"Well Melikejello is your name now. No I don't care what you tell me, your name is now Melikejello. Now your login is wrong, change it to Melikejello. That's what I think it should be, that's what I was calling you in my head, I don't care what your opinion is, and I don't care what other people have be been calling you."

Funny how deep you're in to compare a person with a fictional being. A name is nothing more than a way to address or identify a character. What's next? You're going to try to question whether the character likes the name they were given?

Users who are viewing this thread