Ashita, Watashi wa Dareka no Kanojo - Vol. 11 Ch. 132 - Brainwashing 25

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping they can work this out. As you guys said, this does actually seem kind of healthy, and the fact that Runa seems to have actually considered what Bashi said, and didn't just attack him back, makes me think they have a chance.

...but I'm still not really expecting a happy ending from this series. 🙃

Dex-chan lover
considering he had a post by an ex gf/leaked before i'm surprised ppl would care if he chose a prostitute/rental gf versus a 'normal' relationship, not that he's paying her now, but i would think they wouldn't treat them as 'idols' b/c they're independent and not the same as the 'pros'. then again ppl act like that with vtubers too lol

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping they can work this out. As you guys said, this does actually seem kind of healthy, and the fact that Runa seems to have actually considered what Bashi said, and didn't just attack him back, makes me think they have a chance.

...but I'm still not really expecting a happy ending from this series. 🙃
maybe not bashi but be interesting if another one of their members is like "making money as a rental boyfriend/brothel makes more money so I'm retiring from singing" or an ex-utaite who does it b/c he can't sing anymore for whatever reason lol

he's still a bit naive but he has a point of runa being a bit dependent on money b/c i imagine she's probably have enough saved away for now to where she wouldnt' suddenly go in debt/need to drop out of college even if she had to be on break from her work for a while

Dex-chan lover
If that's not what you'd call brainwashing, what is?
You're calling this brainwashing but Runa, you're the one who's been brainwashed by money
67b.jpg

On another note, I think their relationship is over :meguuusad:

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Dude could've busted out the Streisand effect: fighting it just pours gasoline to the fire. Just make a sad face and talk about your continuous lapse in judgment, and your audience will move on. Some will still shit-talk you, but it will die down.

He was spot-on about how he disarmed the conflict. Even if you're deeply hurt by insults hurled at your craft, firing shots back won't do you much good. I think they were really close to saying things to eachother that one can't take back.

I do wonder about the ideal solution to their problems. They both want eachother all to themselves, but for that to happen, Runa has to learn to rely on others more, and Hayato needs to draw clear lines between his work and private life - so she feels less like the whole thing is a timeshare.

In all likelihood, Runa's form of self-reliance is her response to a string of relationships with family and others, that failed her. Persuading her otherwise is a lengthy process, because even decent and caring people make mistakes all the time, but money rarely lets you down. Maybe if you launder it or don't pay taxes on it, but that's it.

What makes it excruciatingly hard on Hayato's part, is that he probably has no idea how deep her issues run, and what exactly makes her tick. It's hard for people with loving parents and a stable support group to truly understand why yours isn't worth a damn, and won't be, no matter what you do. Or how bitter they can be, if you try to shake that one pillar of stability in their life.

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder how he gonna handle it though, he doesn't seem like the guy that would twist words.
It'd be funny if he just goes "Well yeah, of course I sleep with prostitutes. Sleeping with fans is out of the question after all."
if anything i'd expect, gachikoi craziness aside, that two other 'streamers' would just announce a relationship even if it's fake. or everyone in the band being shipped with each other regardless of sexuality lol

Gotta be one of the most mature arguments I've ever seen. They don't just go "you're wrong" and actually try to understand each other's perspective although it seems like Runa is compromising more. This relationship is still kind of unstable because of the power difference. Before they met they were both self dependent but now Runa has to rely on Hayato if she quits the job. If she relies on Hayato then it turns from "I want to do it because I like him" to "I have to do it because without him I can't survive."

I could use someone smart coming in and explaining whos definition of brainwashing is more right, they both seem to have merits.

Users who are viewing this thread