Asobinin wa Kenja ni Tenshoku Dekiru tte Shittemashita? ~ Yuusha Party o Tsuihou Sareta Lv 99 - Ch. 28

Double-page supporter
This wasn't an unnatural tonal shift honestly. They had been building up the adventurer killer for several chapters now, Aiza killed several people at the bar, and from the start there were obvious hints about corruption in the system and monsters killed in brutal ways.
I'm not too sad the Aiza died, however Mills is a bit unfortunate. Aiza got her story pretty well wrapped up with her duel with Dylan, and whether she went back to her country and never appeared again or was killed wouldn't have made much of a difference, other than the latter building up the adventurer killer. Not only that, but while Laius ultimately bettered himself to some extent, Aiza was actually shown killing innocent people and portrayed as borderline irredeemable, and the manga went out of it's way to explain how Dylan was only winning over her vanity.
Mills, however, didn't feel like she had her arc wrapped up at all. The last thing she did of any significance was take dispute with Dylan over the Demon continent being of the Church of Monte. She didn't really get a chance to see she was wrong, just a few lines right before her death. Given on top of that that she seemed to be the most reasonable of the three heroes (excluding Dylan obviously), her death feels like major wasted potential.

That is quite a lot of reducement for characters. Next situation seems promising.

Dex-chan lover
The only question is - is resurrection magic a thing or not. We frankly never got proper power limits set since MC is OP from the beginning of the story.
@Bourbon Adventurer killer you say... You reminded me that Konosuba has Rookie Killer monster that does as the name implies, peasants going missing every year when giant toads awaken, human experimentation and body possession. Sometimes I feel like Konosuba should have tone shift as well, at least in the form of spin-off.

Double-page supporter
@thatrandomblackdude Hoping that since she got hit in the side, arm and neck, she can live somehow, at least to have closure with Dylan after he beats this guy.
Aiza got hit in the head so of course she's dead, but a neck shot isn't instantly fatal.

@Bourbon That k ife looked like it went in straight from behind. Her spine is severed, and with manga strength bullshittery, you know he was able to throw it hard enough to do that.

Dex-chan lover
@RedVanGhoul no, she's absolutely dead. and considering that the church to eliminate all evidences and ties, they are not holding back. also, it takes a lot of strength to slice off those head clean; this assassin is the real deal

He told me his name was Billie Jean, as he caused a scene... 𝅘𝅥𝅮
-Dylan Jackson

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 τι σκατα ιστορια ειναι αυτη ρε μαλακα ???

... It is actually so sad. The moment the story gets interesting the two "main" girls are tossed to the side and the only reason I even still remember them is because I absolutely detest how overly sized their breasts are. Like they serve literally no purpose in the actual main story... and that's just so fucking sad.

Dex-chan lover
Hope they can bring the other adventures back, i don't give a fuck about the nun and the mage tho.

Users who are viewing this thread