Assassin de Aru Ore no Sutetasu ga Yuusha Yori mo Akiraka ni Tsuyoi Nodaga - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Trap (1)

Dex-chan lover
The "Hero" reminds me of early Ky from It's My Life. In that he hates the main character, but in reality he just wants the D.
Also, glad to see that not everyone is a prick in this new world. What with the new trend of Revenge Isekai and the start.

What's the deal with royalty?

Aggregator gang
@Vasqueztion
Yeah they must be planning to thwart the kings plan.

But at the same time dont you think this already following that theme? Although its a good spin that the MC isnt falling for it.

For real, Bunch of Sadist A holes

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion the "hero" reminds me of the asshat "heroes" from Shield Hero - thinks wayyyyy too highly of themselves, and always looking down on the "main guy"

Fed-Kun's army
I know that we are all supposed to hate the hero and love the MC but despite the hero being a really unlikeable and arrogant character he still described the MC perfectly when he said "no cooperation spirit at all". Why does the MC let all his classmates run into the king's scheme without warning them? Is it that hard to somehow find a way to privately tell one of them? He had an entire month for f's sake, enough time to for example analyze and possibly find a way to tell the hero without triggering his ego! Yeah I know the loner type here is supposed to look really cool but that is just stupid. He never even thought about finding allies .
Now let's go back to dissing the hero. What a jerk that guy is, right? Is it only me that gets those arifutera vibes than he hears dungeon?

Dex-chan lover
So when he's using this "Stealth" skill or whatever and having a meal, does nobody notice a bunch of dishes disappearing into thin air?
Wait, why do I even care about logic in an isekai manga anyway?!....

.... don't answer that.

@Moodyz I don't think he actually physically disappears but rather his presence does. I don't know what the best way to describe it would be but I'll give a try. I think it is case of when he uses his stealth skill he essentially "blends into the crowd or his surroundings" making it difficult to realize he is there unless you have an ability that allows you to see through his stealth skill.

Dex-chan lover
That is not the kind of "trap" I was expecting from an Isekai...

Fed-Kun's army
@mommy Because if he did tell one of his classmates he'd run into two outcomes. One that one classmate telling everyone and eventually the king finding out and jeopardizing his entire plan and all of them possibly killed in the process. Two the other classmate not believing the Mc and going to the king telling him about what the MC is thinking and the mc ending up dead.

Double-page supporter
@Anitvenomz:

They were summoned from their classroom. So shouldn't they have their smartphones with them?
At least a few of them should.
He could have used his stealth skill to take one of his classmate's phones if he does not have his own with him.
Then he could have simply recorded the king's and the princess's talk as well as their true looks when not acting.
That way the classmates would have no room to doubt him.

And while he should not tell everyone he should have at least told that one guy he seems to be closer with than the rest of his classmates.
So I think the MC simply thinks "It is their own choice to believe whatever they are told instead of questioning if it is the truth or a lie. As such it is their own responsibility if they end up in a bad situation due to that." and as such he sees no reason to help his classmates.
He just does not want to be used himself.
Hence he avoids following the king's scheme and probably also plans to run later when he will know enough about the world and has some starting funds to go on a journey.

Fed-Kun's army
@Anitvenomz Sorry. I seem to not have properly brought my point over/ explained it properly. Then I said

"Is it that hard to somehow find a way to privately tell one of them? He had an entire month for f's sake, enough time to for example analyze and possibly find a way to tell the hero without triggering his ego! "

I took those points into consideration, hence I wrote "to analyze", "find a way" and "tell one of them privately". Surely not the best way. One way would, for example, be to slowly drop a few hints all over the place and seed distrust towards royalty within his classmates. Things like "why can't we use the library? Not like they have something to hide or maybe...". We know that the hero is pretty arrogant and hates the MC, so telling him upfront would trigger his ego and result in your prediction. Some methods I sadly had to use in my own life (yeah I had to work with some arrogant pricks) is to indirectly tell/hint them whats up, so that they think they found out themselves, act as if something was already known so they would act as they also did and therefore acknowledge it (the other side has to be ludicrously arrogant for this) or act like I want to hear their "opinion" and need their "advice" on a possibility which they never put into consideration in the first place. The probably hardest option, however, would be to reveal the kings' true colours.
I know that all of those options carry a risk of being exposed but from everything I've read so far I don't think that the MC even took all those options and probably even more into consideration at all and he had a month for that. What I find disturbing is that, even more so with his two good contacts.
By the way, yeah I know I'm putting too much thought into a 5min read, so what? Oh and I still don't like the hero at all. It's just a point that bothers me but doesn't immediately make the manga unenjoyable

Fed-Kun's army
So why is it that in the isekai where the MC isnt the one with the Hero title, the one with it is always and idiot and/or asshole? I think its just low to do that just so we hate that dude more

And i agree with @mommy in that the mc is just and idiot too lazy to actually come up with a way to help his clasmates, but why would he really? I mean they arent his friend, and he dossent seem to have any conections with em so he isnt really obligates to help them, if anuthinf its their own fault for trusting blindly on what the kind is saying

Double-page supporter
@AbuHajaar:
No shortcuts! That would be far too easy.
After all the MC could already have solved and ended everything if he had killed the king and the princess in the first night.
Then he could have taken his time to learn, level up and tzravel the world till he finds a way to return to his own world.
But no he let the two live.

Dex-chan lover
This Mr. Hero is such a attention seeker. ?

@youseiki
Dunno, but the commander could be gay.

@Talh
So in the other world they got mobile network? Also the battery will get empty.

Double-page supporter
It only took a single chapter to cement Commander Saran as best bro for me.

Users who are viewing this thread