Astro Boy 2003

Dex-chan lover
This is the Astro Boy REBOOT from 2003, not the original Tetsuwan Atomu manga. The story and characters are somewhat different, with Atom more of a clear-cut superhero in this manga as compared to the robot schoolboy who sometimes gets called up by the spirit of justice (mostly in the form of a raging old man Ban) to rise to the occasion or basically gets drafted to save the world by the government (usually via Dr. Ochanomizu).

@sssr I didn't really go into detail about the differences between the '03 show, the '03 manga and the original manga as I felt like that would be info dumping.

My childhood ! So happy to see it here, it's super hard to find anywhere nowadays....

@Limimelo I been looking for English copies on and off for a few years and got super lucky on Depop. I also wish Dark Horse would reprint the original manga. Thankfully ‘Pluto’ is still easy to come across.

Dex-chan lover
I remember watching this years ago, Not using remake shitty murican made up OP.

The original OP song is beautiful, even the teens who sang them. Sadly, some unkown shits happen and there are no more song from them after Anohana

@Lolipop_Candy I'm not for J-pop but 'Now or Never' by m-flo loves CHEMISTRY is pretty good. I keep planning on watching then movie but I'm backlogged/distracted by other stuff. 😅

Fed-Kun's army
I was rereading Pluto again and found this manga popped up on the OG manga's "alternate story". A lot of nostalgia popping from that JP 2003 song 😭

Aaa I used to read this in my schools library when I was a kid I’m glad I found it here, tho I feel like there were more chapters back when I read it

Users who are viewing this thread