Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 10 Ch. 77 - Sex (Conclusion)

Dex-chan lover
I know it didn’t refer to fetuses as “worms”. I didn’t say it did.

Earlier:
A fetus is basically a worm for as long as it was legal to abort a pregnancy throughout the USA until they fucked it up.

It doesn't have to be that you literally claimed it did. The point is that you effectively did, and you weren't even remotely correct about the verdict you chose to talk about.

To begin with, you imposed an idea of "old-fashionedness" on an entirely different culture, solely according to your own culture, while manifestly not understanding the narrative-- as I initially demonstrated. I rated you "Dumb" for that, but before I responded to you, you called me a "Republican" without knowing if I was American, let alone Republican.

So far, in fact, you've been fundamentally wrong about every single thing you've chosen to talk about-- even yourself, as I've demonstrated in re-citing you.

You claim to be trying to get away from that subject, but keep bringing it up.
I outright concluded with telling you to read the manga and discuss it instead of your irrelevant garbage.

You still haven't, and you still aren't.

It’s like neither of them has ever heard of abortion.
This statement doesn't even make sense in context of this chapter, let alone the whole of this manga when chapter 15 exists.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for clarifying what you meant.
"Republican" is funny as I'm not from the US, just like many people here. And views on abortion are not a simple partisan thing, despite what the crazy US political field might lead you to believe.

To clarify, neither Saitou or Yokoi stated that they "refused to have sex unless she would carry to term". Saitou said she didn't want to use contraception, while at the same time not wanting to be a mother. Those two being mutually exclusive is what lead to them not progressing into futher intimacy all this time (coupled with Yokoi's reservations about "taking advantage of her" as he expressed this chapter).

Abortion as it is legislated in many western countries is indeed the killing of a baby, sold as a simple and repercussion-free contraceptive procedure for women to avoid accountabilty over their sexual behaviour, and disguised as female empowerment and body autonomy.
Dismissing the opposition to it as "old fashioned" makes no sense and doesn't explain the pretended virtues of the "modern" ideas.
End of rant.
I suppose using “Republican” as short-hand for “right wing” is counterproductive. That’s fair.

Oh, goodness.
I didn’t notice the “no contraception” part!

That changes A LOT.
It really is just the language around it, then, which is something that just is what it is.
“Trans woman” in Japan translates to “former man” literally. That’s old-fashioned over here, but it’s just words and culture. The ultimate meaning is the same. Probably the same thing.

If a way of thinking or doing things is more common in the past and has been changing over time, then “old-fashioned” or “out-moded” apply. That’s just what those words mean.
“Pretend virtues”? It’s about practicalities (bans are unenforceable, and unregulated, black market abortion has far more potential ethical and moral implications) and what’s supported by science and the bible. (yes I’m religious, and against banning something that is in line with the biblical statement that life truly begins at birth. Hell, every word for “soul” in it translates to “breath” in some form, aside “ruach” which means “will”.
imo once a fetus CAN survive a birth at all it’s unethical to end a pregnancy barring threat of life to the mother, but I acknowledge that it’s a very complicated issue and that I am not an expert. I’d leave that to my rabbi and doctor)

It was an off-hand remark, originally, because IT’S NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO THE STORY. I didn’t give a huge shit in this case.
People freaking out over it is THEIR problem.

I clap back if someone comes at me hard, or if they @ me without @-ing me.

This manga is very special, thanks to the translation team, I hope we'll be able to see this whole story to it's conclusion, however long that takes

Users who are viewing this thread