Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 6 Ch. 40 - The Shimizu Family (Part Two)

Dex-chan lover
i randomly jumped into the latest chapter

props to the shimizus for taking care of their son without losing it. that's some respect right there.

I don't think my heart can handle uploads this close to each other. Please wait at least a month

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Hey, sure as hell beats idle talk about your job

Dex-chan lover
This is a cute family...I think? They're amazingly open about everything.
Kinda dark way to end Valentine's Day tho

Double-page supporter
@lolfacesayshi
Saitou is feeling overwhelmed by the fact that someone with mental health issues is doing a better job raising their child than supposedly "normal parents."

She's dissociating.

Dex-chan lover
I want an anime adaptation for this so bad. The level of care, respect and research regard the subject matter at hand is masterful. The author is amazing

Aggregator gang
So let me get it straight. Because her kid doesn't understand weight of his misdeeds, he gets the same "punishment"? So he won't develop anxiety. How is that helpful in making him a functioning member of society?

@Tikibo It went unspoken but I think another reason for that punishment system is to keep the mother from punishing the kid too harshly, since she obviously has issues dealing with her anger. When you're angry it can seem totally justifiable to punish the offender two or even three times as harsh as you would if you were calm, and so having a simple foolproof rule to follow when dealing out punishments is a way to guard against that. Going overboard on a child, even if it's nonviolent, can do much more than cause panic attacks; it can totally destroy a healthy relationship between a parent and child. I've seen it myself.

Dex-chan lover
Aww, shit :(

Also @Tikibo the child is what, five? Five year olds don’t need to worry about being functioning members of society but they do need structure and boundaries; it’s likely more about that framework to build upon.

Dex-chan lover
@Tikibo

Pretty sure the kid's autistic. So arbitrary "heavier punishment" for a kid who already doesn't understand many things, like why he shouldn't throw food around, or why he shouldn't take off his clothes around the house, will not lead to him understanding that "bad things = punishment, worse things = worse punishment". He doesn't understand that link.

Kids don't think like adults, weighing risk vs reward. Autistic kids have it even harder.

Dex-chan lover
The pizza clearly wasn't made by a Michelin star chef, so it wasn't up to the kid's standards.

It's always funny to see how pizza is treated in manga, like it was some extravagant dish.

Aggregator gang
@maninthemoon2 thank you for the insight. It was actually interesting take I didn't think of. It's also to help mother. That makes sense, and I 100% agree with what you said.

Dex-chan lover
The kids gonna talk to her, or shes gonna hit the kid. one of the 2 is gonna happen

Users who are viewing this thread