Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 6 Ch. 41 - The Shimizu Family (Part Three)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for continuously translating this, one of my favorite series.

Kind of crazy to see how there's over 80 more chapters, I wonder where this story is going.

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping there's a happy ending for them. Not a "sunshine and rainbows and flowers and unicorns" ending, but a "we have some difficulties, but we're managing to deal with them and live a mostly happy life" ending.

Dex-chan lover
loved it as always, one of the most consistent manga I've ever read. it's like free therapy sometimes

Group Leader
@brainman @mangolover just fyi, but there's actually only about 60 more chapters since we're using the volumes, which condense the chapters (as opposed to the chinese translation/japanese web release)
glad to hear you're enjoying the series!

Double-page supporter
awww 😭😭😭😭😭 i'm glad saitou can see shimizu really was a good person after all <3

u guys are right, this manga really is like free therapy sometimes

Dex-chan lover
i was not expecting this kind of information when i decided to start reading it and im glad it gives all of this out like candy, because now i know how to relate and truly help some of my friends who need it but never got the attention they deserved due to family reasons.

Thank you for the translation! Great work as always, plese keep it up:) made an account just to say thanks tbh

Dex-chan lover
I like that list thing, maybe I should start writing one. But should I also make a sad list? idk

This is easily one of the best manga I’ve ever read. Most chapters have very honest and grounded themes that touch on issues I never even thought of. Plus every chapters basically has me crying like a baby

Dex-chan lover
The "Happy Journal" probably sounds dumb but I can honestly say that something like it was an enormous part in helping my depression and mental health. Often times when other people tell us stuff we dismiss it because they could be lying, or they don't REALLY know us or whatever our brains tell us to dismiss what they're saying. So having something tangible, creating physical evidence of your progress or even your happy moments is something that your mind will have a hard time arguing against or justifying because it is right there in front of you.

I bought a whiteboard and had a "Goal List" that started out extremely small with things I was going to do anyways. So it had stuff like "Get out of bed" which as anyone with depression knows is a fucking achievement lol. Check it off every day. Shower. Eat lunch. Respond to one text from a friend. Things like that. And it sounds so small and nothing but at the end of the week when you look back, you can see all the things that you actually did. That it wasn't just empty space but moments where you tried. And even if you didn't accomplish some of them the idea is to inundate yourself with a lot of small things so that missing one or three or five isn't a big deal at all.

Then you work your way up. Small steps, from things you do anyways, to small things you want or need to do like "throw out that old monitor" or "grind levels in WoW for an hour". It was...really important to me when I was getting better. I suggest for people also struggling who haven't tried this to give it a shot as it's very low effort but may show some actual results, even small ones.

Dex-chan lover
I started making a list of things that made me happy and things I'm grateful for a few months ago, since covid spiked my anxiety/depression after years of fighting it. It definitely helps, especially reading over all the little memories when I feel like absolute shit. It reminds me that there are pockets of happiness worth living for.

Users who are viewing this thread