Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 9 Ch. 72 - The red city Part II

Dex-chan lover
I worry so much for these fictional kids.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but I think on page ten it should be he not she. He's looking at her, thinking something. And she's panicking its the same look as the other kids had. That's why she freaks out.

Dex-chan lover
I have to address this. This girl's condition is absolutely crippling. She has basically foisted her existence into the guys life and basically made him take care of her. And she is literally spergging out about everyone hates her and now she will be abandoned, yet again, foisting her existence onto someone else's lap. Throughout the whole manga, I was expecting her to make incremental steps to better herself. I've interacted with a person with autism where it was crippling, but they managed to better control their "ticks" to make their life more manageable. This girl hardly does this. I used to have a lot of patience for this character and now it has completely run out.

She shouldn't be here. I commend the guy for taking care of her for as long as he did, but honestly, she should be in a facility.

Dex-chan lover
I have to address this. This girl's condition is absolutely crippling. She has basically foisted her existence into the guys life and basically made him take care of her. And she is literally spergging out about everyone hates her and now she will be abandoned, yet again, foisting her existence onto someone else's lap. Throughout the whole manga, I was expecting her to make incremental steps to better herself. I've interacted with a person with autism where it was crippling, but they managed to better control their "ticks" to make their life more manageable. This girl hardly does this. I used to have a lot of patience for this character and now it has completely run out.

She shouldn't be here. I commend the guy for taking care of her for as long as he did, but honestly, she should be in a facility.
As far as I remember, she's never had professional help. Everyone in her life has tried to help her themselves

Dex-chan lover
My wife had severe sleep apnea due to chronic tonsillitis, and for months my stepdaughter was feigning nightmares to sleep between us(by her own admission. She had a bout of them for a week, but then just wanted to sleep in our bed).
Between the terrifying sound of my wife alternately not breathing and roaring, and getting punched and kicked by a 5 foot 7yo (not a calm sleeper) I was sleeping an average of 3hr per night.
my hair was falling out and I was getting severe skin problems. EDS has my skin fragile and poor to begin with.

I started staying up all night playing video games and sleeping during the day until stuff got a bit better, but was close to sleeping in our van.

Also, autistic, and need my bed to be a safe space for myself or I can’t relax period.

so, yeah. Rough time!

I lived on 28 hour days for years in my 20s, but got plenty of sleep, generally. For someone in their 20s, anyway.

Dex-chan lover

Ok, let’s not act like he was forced to take her in his home. He willingly let her in and even told her multiple times he likes her being there and accepts her.

This is definitely a tough obstacle in their relationship tho. I wonder how they’ll get past it.

Power Uploader
I worry so much for these fictional kids.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but I think on page ten it should be he not she. He's looking at her, thinking something. And she's panicking its the same look as the other kids had. That's why she freaks out.
Already fixed! Thank you for the observation :win:

Dex-chan lover

It's just the obligatory crises they have to overcome.
She first needs to get over this to improve, don't lose hope.

Dex-chan lover
Throughout the whole manga, I was expecting her to make incremental steps to better herself. I've interacted with a person with autism where it was crippling, but they managed to better control their "ticks" to make their life more manageable. This girl hardly does this.
I think it's just that you're not being specific about the person you're describing, but what Megumi deals with aren't merely "ticks" ("tics"?)-- in fact, her autism isn't the only thing on her plate.

But it's been 72 chapters with little to show for it.
What's the "little"?

Double-page supporter

If you think of a more realistic situation where he meets her more organically at the beginning it's a little better. She's not just autistic she's autistic and was also neglected, abused, and bullied while not really getting to learn how to interact with people since she was locked in a cage. Still pretty unrealistic, but with that all included, it's amazing she's even verbal.

Dex-chan lover
If you think of a more realistic situation where he meets her more organically at the beginning it's a little better. She's not just autistic she's autistic and was also neglected, abused, and bullied while not really getting to learn how to interact with people since she was locked in a cage. Still pretty unrealistic, but with that all included, it's amazing she's even verbal.
I think my main frustration is that we have a MC willing to help her at every stretch and yet she has almost no motivation to help herself. All the help in the world won't do any good in this case. As badly as I feel for this character, I find it equally frustrating watching someone drowning in mud, all while kicking any good willed rescue attempt aimed at them and making no attempt to get out of it at all.

Last edited:
Ok, let’s not act like he was forced to take her in his home. He willingly let her in and even told her multiple times he likes her being there and accepts her.

This is definitely a tough obstacle in their relationship tho. I wonder how they’ll get past it.
She literally threatened to commit suicide if he ever leaves her...

Aggregator gang
On one hand, I understand the frustration that comes with "we thought we made progress but we didn't, why do they only appear to improve" and "she's thrusting her life into someone else's hands and that's highly irresponsible."

On the other hand, I understand that mental illness really can be seemingly cured and then suddenly come back in full force, and that if you only have one person in your life who truly cares about you and rely on them as your only healthy option to survive, you get really really obsessive. Maybe not to this degree, but it's there. Also, remember that they've only been together for, what, a few months? Maybe half a year? I've been struggling on a roller coaster of mental illness for over a decade and that's with both extensive medication and at least 8 different therapists, trauma heals but it doesn't heal quickly. Sometimes people do things that they think are helping you but are actually hurting you, and sometimes it takes all the strength you have just to stay in place.

That said, all he needs to do is tell her "yeah, keeping an eye on you made me sick, but if I had to go back and choose whether to help you and get sick or leave you alone and stay healthy, I'd still pick helping you any day. We just need to be more careful going forward."

Group Leader
That said, all he needs to do is tell her "yeah, keeping an eye on you made me sick, but if I had to go back and choose whether to help you and get sick or leave you alone and stay healthy, I'd still pick helping you any day. We just need to be more careful going forward."
That would be perfect, probably won't happen tho since this is a drama lol.

Group Leader
Also, it's not like Yokoi is a 100% "normal" person either, it's two people with different needs/disorders trying to take care of themselves, they might have some advantages when it comes to understanding one another but this much progress in such a short amount of time is well within reason

Users who are viewing this thread