Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Ch. 357 - The Mystery of Being Serious

Dex-chan lover
kinda said if this manga really dies already. coulda gone for some more years of kotone being a 3rd year...
anyway, really hope this manga doesn't get the open-ended crap treatment. harem would be ideal, but if not, at least choose one girl.

Group Leader
That was way to sudden wow... it's natural to think about the axe and if it's the author wanting ton conclude the story it's still rushed.
Dayum!

Group Leader
I don't think this is rushed in the sense that we've had 300+ chapters of relationship building and we all know the girls like him, but it is jarring in the sense that we don't see any of the girls plan for this at all, it just kinda happens.

It might have read better if there was a build up to this moment in the past couple chapters. I understand the episodic nature of this manga usually makes that impossible but I figured, at least for the big confession moment, the author would work on a more continuous arc.

Which is also what makes me think this might still be a bait and switch. Daisuke is dense as a brick after all, receiving genuine valentine's chocolate might not be enough to get through his thick skull. We could just get a punchline on white day.

Power Uploader
Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok...
OH MY GOOOOOD! Dropping a bomb out of nowhere?! Well at least there's an actual development... BUT! WHERE?! WHERE IS ASAHI-SENSEI?!
yeah, i like her, now I'm sad...

Dex-chan lover
"WHAT IS WITH THIS SUDDEN TURN OF EVENTS?!" people who haven't been paying attention to the 300 or so chapters of subtext, especially with the girls competing behind his back in numerous chapters for a long while...

Seriously, do I need to compile a list of all the times he's made one of them swoon? Did you all forget the romantic comedy tags listed on the main page? They ain't new.

I swear to god you people don't actually read and just react...
You clearly don't know how long running serialization works.

The purpose of those manga is to prolong the story as long as possible, as it maximize the profit.

They only wrap it up when there is nothing more to squeeze.

Dex-chan lover
...why do people always default to "IT'S BEING AXED!" rather than the author just deciding to wind down the series? Ika Musume was 418 chapters, and this is 357 as of now, so it isn't like this was a super short series. Cripes people.
I think it's cuz it came out of nowhere, so it feels oddly rushed, especially for a series that never dived too deep into the romance part.

Dex-chan lover
One possibility is it’s ending the second would be he can’t confess in the end bc sensei does something stupid or they don’t want to hear to keep the status quo.

Fed-Kun's army
I discovered and binge read this manga like 3 weeks ago. The end is coming, it was already apparent with Suzu's mother chapter. Suzu has always been the most determined/daring one, no wonder she made the first move. Morals girl isn't even aware of what's going on, at least for now.

Group Leader
my balls may be dropping but my hopes of this having the bokuben treatment is up
:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread