Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Ch. 365 - The Mystery of Fake Boyfriends

Dex-chan lover
That's so smooth Mom. Sliding away with a smirk as well.
What a chad.

Dex-chan lover
wasnt daisuke about to be a 3rd year like 6 chapters ago? what am i missing

Dex-chan lover
It's only been a year in universe since the manga started? I thought they'd be like 3rd years at this point
It hasn't even been a year, Kotone (long black hair, hypnotist) was already a 3rd year in Ch1, and 364 chapters later she still hasn't graduated (and Ch1 was already a few months into the school year!) They have shown off the seasonal progression as well as the corresponding events and holidays for a few years, but none of them have graduated and we haven't seen even a hint of a graduation or entrance ceremony, nor of anyone needing to repeat a year.

I's classic manga/anime time, and so far this one isn't too bad. After all, there are series out there famous for running 20+ years without the characters aging even a single day.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
wasnt daisuke about to be a 3rd year like 6 chapters ago? what am i missing
^See above post^

Chapter 360 was a timeskip chapter venturing 10 years into the future, but the series promptly returned to the previous time flow the very next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
That time skip to the future really took away any hopes of the romance going anywhere.

This all feels so hollow now that we know it will likely lead to nothing.

Hopefully it's retconned later to just have been a dream.

Dex-chan lover
That's her mother?!

A wise man once said "if you want to know what your wife will look like in the future take a look at her mother. "

Sensei just shot up to the top of the list.

Dex-chan lover
It hasn't even been a year, Kotone (long black hair, hypnotist) was already a 3rd year in Ch1, and 364 chapters later she still hasn't graduated (and Ch1 was already a few months into the school year!) They have shown off the seasonal progression as well as the corresponding events and holidays for a few years, but none of them have graduated and we haven't seen even a hint of a graduation or entrance ceremony, nor of anyone needing to repeat a year.

I's classic manga/anime time, and so far this one isn't too bad. After all, there are series out there famous for running 20+ years without the characters aging even a single day.
Ika musume had a summer going on for ten years.

Dex-chan lover
That time skip to the future really took away any hopes of the romance going anywhere.

This all feels so hollow now that we know it will likely lead to nothing.

Hopefully it's retconned later to just have been a dream.
This is unfounded conjecture, but I'm wondering if the author was told the manga was potentially being axed and put out chapter 357 in anticipation of that. Only to find out it wasn't and put 360 out to undo it.

This is unfounded conjecture, but I'm wondering if the author was told the manga was potentially being axed and put out chapter 357 in anticipation of that. Only to find out it wasn't and put 360 out to undo it.
I don't think you can call it unfounded after the time skip and nothing being done to retcon it
I mean this feels like knowing the MC doesn't end up with anyone in the end and expecting ppl to still stick to the romance subplot
Any victory would be almost meaningless as the time skip twists any victory into a loss down the line

Dex-chan lover
I keep forgetting Daisuke's a freshman (10th grader,) he feels like he should at least be a junior. Has big "senpai" energy, considering how much he gets relied upon.

Users who are viewing this thread