Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Vol. 9 Ch. 162 - The Mystery of Marathons

Dex-chan lover
Run on and on
Run on and on
The loneliness of the long distance runner

Dex-chan lover
Wait, are they really making high schoolers run the full 42km ? Or is this a thing where they're using "marathon" as a generic word for "endurance race" here ? Coz throwing 15-18 yo at a real marathon seems like insanity to me. Even a semi is already quite the achievement without some preparation.

Dex-chan lover
@genR
In my country the word "marathon" is used for any run which go outside of school, I don't think it even reach 5km lol, so yeah it just generic word for endurance running
Remember, it still on school hours, which typically around 45 minutes x 2 for PE with rest included, so maybe around 2km?

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea Yeah that would be a more sensible explanation. I was surprised. Never seen "marathon" used like that.

and 2km would be more like 12 min ? I think my middle+high school did 4-6-8 km depending on age groups. All classes were cancelled for everybody for half a day at that time though.

Dex-chan lover
@genR
Hey our stride are small lol
MFW I still run 5k in 55minutes 🤣

Anyway the teacher have to think about the slowest runner and the time, for the fastest runner it usually take 20-25 minutes to finish, the slowest could be 1 hour. Then rest/play/changing time before next class

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea ah maybe I was confusing with 1500m times ? The 1500m / 2km are about the limit of distances where normal people can get away with "half sprint" long strides and pushing yourself a bit so the speed can be okay. At 5km anybody but the super fit is going to be at basic, pure endurance, short strides and that's not going to be fast.

Anyway, I'm only talking from memory of a time when I was young and fit. When you get a boring job it all goes down the drain coz you're spending your days sitting at a desk and you come home too tired to want to do any sport…

"You must be brimming with confidence to get into the second year section."

That comes off as an insult when you consider the author won't let him actually ever get to second year.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto
DGBl91N.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread