Attack on Titan

Dex-chan lover
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

this better have a good explanation in the future... i am not amused...

Fed-Kun's army
I think I will remember her whenever I eat meat from now on. Damn it, Isayama.

i hope they knife gabi, amputate her, burn her and throw her off the blimp and she bounces off a trampoline thinking she's saved only to then fall into a pit of glass shards and nails. we need misses meat back!

Dex-chan lover
I really like how this story plays out mechanically - how the author develops and presents the sequence of events. Drama/tension is really well done in this one.

But every time bloodline is brought up I can't help but wonder what the origins are. Creating the lore w/ a fairytale story (Ymir was given the power by God) is cheap but very effective. Also, magical bloodlines lol (Eldian, Ackerman, are there more?)

is historia pregnant ? with whose baby ? but dang if that was the conversation that means the baby inside her is eren's

I wish there were english translations for vol. 12 to 20, because they're only available in other languages :(
My dutch ass can't read spanish, italian, russian, and all of those others ;__;

So... i don't know if Isayama Hajime is solely responsible for writing the story here, but if he is, that's all more impressive for a guy that couldn't draw two decent illustrations consecutively to save his life. Human drama is superb, while characters well developed, complex, and capable of changing as things keep happening to them. Main drawback would be the titan lore, that sometimes feel flimsy and conjured on the spot, just because the plot called for it.

In short, it's good to very good depending on the arc. Don't let attention deficit disorder animufags complaints discourage you. Pacing is similar to Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist - there's lot of detours, flashbacks and seemingly disconnected moments, but in the end, it almost always turns out they did have a purpose. Everything clicks. That said, one's probably have to have an appreciation for non-linear narratives to fully enjoy it. In the future, when completed, this series will probably make for a great binge read.

...also, those fake "previews" and "alternate continuity" shorts at the end of each volume are great:

G865eIB.jpg

wow, the unofficial colored versions are amazing. Easier to identify different characters now. Whoever did this looks like you've got mad digital watercolor/painting skills

The One
Staff
Admin
After considering everyone's opinion we decided to move the fan colored chapters to their own manga pages.
https://mangadex.org/title/31352/shingeki-no-kyojin-fan-colored

I don't know if there MangaDex Mod or whoever in charge here, if you're reading this, aren't changing the Manga cover page basically spoils the Manga for newcomers?

The most recent chapter seems to be missing (109-110). I remember reading the non colored version of those chapter, but it suddenly went missing. The colored version had those chapter, what happened?

Dex-chan lover
@Alvin2503 my thought exactly... i was about to check if i miss some recent chapter here when i noticed all recent chapters are missing...

Users who are viewing this thread