auto translation app using python and ai

This is just an idea that says since we have much better OCRs this day and we have access to good translators like Facebook's seamless AI model can someone build a good team to make that project I would gladly join something like that
PS: The model is just an example there are some good alternatives for open-source AI transformer models

Group Leader
At this rate, how long will it be before human scanlators become extinct, I wonder?

Double-page supporter
At this rate, how long will it be before human scanlators become extinct, I wonder?
Tbh one or two missing features are auto font selection and sfx. Still need TS for that and not to mention QC to see if something goes wrong. May need some sentimental analysis or some font identification to automatically choose a font that suits the panel.

Right now, slangs are a thing that LLMs get wrong or hallucinate, still need a human TL for that. Maybe making a LoRA for that can help, idk. Oh not to mention gender.

I’m bad at math so I can’t estimate things, but the above are what the current AI manga translation tools lack.

Well there’s other things like adding more languages and stuff, just improving current existing features.

Dex-chan lover
scanlators become extinct, I wonder?
Isn't scanlators some kind of scaly dinosaur ? Or am I confusing the living dinosaur the "Alligator". Either way they sound eerie and very dangerous. Or then am I confusing an old 60's cartoon villain?

Dex-chan lover
I mean you are probably asking jokingly but not for long I mean translation is not a science or something that can ever be perfect, so a human touch might be needed for some more time.
Now on long before most of the scanlator group get "snipe" by IA TL and generally outcompeted... probably not that long, I mean how many webtoon where already took over by MTL when a serious team was already on the project :angery:

Group Leader
I mean you are probably asking jokingly but not for long I mean translation is not a science or something that can ever be perfect, so a human touch might be needed for some more time.
Now on long before most of the scanlator group get "snipe" by IA TL and generally outcompeted... probably not that long, I mean how many webtoon where already took over by MTL when a serious team was already on the project :angery:
Sniper can suck cocks. Devs that created it is a sent god it's just that people using it for bad purposes, plus some of them monetize it.
Tbh one or two missing features are auto font selection and sfx. Still need TS for that and not to mention QC to see if something goes wrong. May need some sentimental analysis or some font identification to automatically choose a font that suits the panel.

Right now, slangs are a thing that LLMs get wrong or hallucinate, still need a human TL for that. Maybe making a LoRA for that can help, idk. Oh not to mention gender.

I’m bad at math so I can’t estimate things, but the above are what the current AI manga translation tools lack.

Well there’s other things like adding more languages and stuff, just improving current existing features.
That's the point, devs that makes these are amazing probably sooner or later they will automate everything, but the translation, because as you can say Translation is something an art itself. 10 out of 10 people can translate the same thing yet the outcome may come diverse.

Users who are viewing this thread