Awkward Senpai - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
What's this, half a chapter's worth of advertisement? I guess they can use all the help they can get, with how they bastardized the original with shitty buttonmashing combat that already ruined FF15, and cutting up the game into small bits where they release like a quarter of CD1 for the price of a full game. Nah Squeenix, I loved FF7 to bits, but you can go get bent with this cashgrab targeted at nostalgia. And you go get fucked if you force your ads into manga.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's kind of advertising for the game and all but really I figure the author was probably just referencing FF as freely as possible for a change because they're published by a Square Enix magazine. Look at the webcomic page IamSnail posted for comparison. Referenced the hell out of it, but had to censor the words so they wouldn't risk legal action. Both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are Square Enix properties, and both of them are probably the most referenced game series in all of manga and anime. The majority of the references I've seen have ended up like the webcomic version; just poorly censored to cover their asses but still get the jokes across.

TL;DR: Every mangaka in Japan wants to suck Final Fantasy's dick, this one just gets to do it without removing random parts of words.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if that was intentional by the chief?

Anyway, the art continues to be cute af ...as long as it stays out of side profiles. That bit hasn't changed since pre-serialization..

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I played Crisis Core first. So, when I play the original FFVII, I got heavy spoiler how Cloud ended up like that.
With Square Enix remake the original FFVII, will they also add these kind of DLC?

Those kinds of DLC are :
1. Dirge of Cerberus DLC
2. Crisis Core DLC
3. Advent Children DLC

I wonder, how much money SE will rack if they manage to add these kinds of DLC? That's still not included the episodic content that they will release periodically. I'm pretty sure, the total price of the game will be close to 200 USD if they also add the additional contents I mentioned above.😅

Dex-chan lover
Swimsuit Senpai?

HEPQjKi.png

Dex-chan lover
Would be about the time to watch Star Wars if she indeed hasn't seen them before.

Dex-chan lover
Senpai's eyebrows always on fleek. But swimsuit senpai? Now you have my attention.

Double-page supporter
oh yeah, comments are right, she did like Final Fantasy games in the webcomic
still a pretty blatant fucking ad though, and I'm (cautiously) excited for this remake

Dex-chan lover
I kinda like that their dynamic isn’t really a romance one (for now), it’s about a senpai trying to be a good senpai

Aggregator gang
Considering Tetsuya Nomura's spotty record recently as a game director (Kingdom Hearts 3 was released sort of undercooked, heck in my opinion the Kingdom Hearts series went downhill after 1 with Nomura's convoluted storytelling. Also his run with Final Fantasy XV/Versus XIII was so disastrous with delays that Hajime Tabata had to take over the project as a replacement director so the game could be finished) as well as a lot of Square's recent output has been generally mixed, in terms of quality, I would describe my feelings towards the FFVII Remake, that Tetsuya is directing, as cautiously negative.

Oh yeah, there's a manga here. It's cute, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Page 8

I knew this girl had some damn good taste but I wasnt sure how it'd present itself.

Dex-chan lover
Woah, woah, woah, ease up on being best girl, senpai. You gotta give other girls a chance.

Fed-Kun's army
@whoamiagain tbh im not sure final fantasy need any advertising at this point, i just think its the author's taste

Users who are viewing this thread