Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
I don't see why people think Ayako would be better with Risa. 1) Ayako has expressed zero romantic interest in Risa, only friendship. You don't turn that on or off like a lightswitch. Bummer for Risa. 2) Hiroko and Ayaka have mutual feelings, but Hiroko has two main hurdles. She's cleared the first, being denser than lead. But the second is figuring out how she can date a coworker who is specifically her subordinate. Up to now Hiroko has exclusively dated around, but the chemistry with Ayako is for something more real. It's worth it for their characters to grow and figure out how to be together.

And that's really what I expect for the rest of the story- Character Growth. Hiroko is not ready right now, but give it time. Let the author cook. Save your judgment for when it finishes.

As a person, living in a country with homophobic Constitution and homophobic people, I understand Hiroko. It is hard to change, to open up and all that coming-out stuff, it is hard to expect for people to be all easygoing about LGBT stuff like Risa. Best she can do for Ayaka is to turn her down. Cuz that hidden homophobia, that insecurity, fear and doubts won't go away easily. I wish that the person I've spent three years with, would just turned me down like Hiroko. It much better than give a hope you're not sure to fulfill. Hiroko did the right thing.

I see the better end for each of them would be to end up with someone else's or without anyone's, not with each other.

Double-page supporter
I guess the main conflict stems from the fact that we know Hiroko really likes Ayaka so that’s why it’s a bit frustrating that she chose the most professional (yet insecure) route.
I agree it's very frustrating, if believable imo. Not sure if that was a good or bad writing decision by the author, probably subjective, but if that feeling was their intention then for better or worse they succeeded.

Double-page supporter
I don't see why people think Ayako would be better with Risa. 1) Ayako has expressed zero romantic interest in Risa, only friendship. You don't turn that on or off like a lightswitch. Bummer for Risa. 2) Hiroko and Ayaka have mutual feelings, but Hiroko has two main hurdles. She's cleared the first, being denser than lead. But the second is figuring out how she can date a coworker who is specifically her subordinate. Up to now Hiroko has exclusively dated around, but the chemistry with Ayako is for something more real. It's worth it for their characters to grow and figure out how to be together.

And that's really what I expect for the rest of the story- Character Growth. Hiroko is not ready right now, but give it time. Let the author cook. Save your judgment for when it finishes.
I'm guilty even just a few chapters ago of judging Hiroko too early, but I think you nailed it here.

Dex-chan lover
Ayaka should move on with anyone else, preferably Risa.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Please, just tell me we won't get 10 follow chapters of Ayaka desperately trying to chase after Hiroko, cause its really not worth it, especially since Hiroko has been taking 100 Years to notice (Actually only did cause Risa told her and even then she went 'It makes it almost sound like it's me') and her doing nothing more than hurting her the entire Time.. unless Hiroko grovels before her and actually makes an effort, I'd rather sink that god damn ship myself, even if I have to get some Icebergs >_>
Titanic references 😱? You didn't!!!?

Dex-chan lover
You're all acting like Hiroko not returning someone's romantic affection is a grave sin
I think my personal hangup is that, at least to some degree, Hiroko DOES return the affection, at least enough to tell her bar buddies(and the bartender) about her fair skin and big breasts(and the thirteen year gap). Its frustrating because it feels like Hiroko is so used to living a lie that all she can do is lie. We're seeing baby steps in progress for her being more truthful with Ayaka and herself, but as some other commenters said, this "arc" feels SUPER long despite being like, 4 chapters. Also, Hiroko not understanding that she is the target of Ayaka's affection immediately after she outs herself, despite Ayaka plainly stating so a few times with strong declarations of love, feels a little silly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my gripe, and probably more than a few people's gripe, is that this manga veered hard from funny to frustrating and it feels bogged down.

Dex-chan lover
This might be the first positive action Hiroko did. She still shouldn't be with Ayaka but at least she was mature about it

Double-page supporter
I think my personal hangup is that, at least to some degree, Hiroko DOES return the affection, at least enough to tell her bar buddies(and the bartender) about her fair skin and big breasts(and the thirteen year gap). Its frustrating because it feels like Hiroko is so used to living a lie that all she can do is lie. We're seeing baby steps in progress for her being more truthful with Ayaka and herself, but as some other commenters said, this "arc" feels SUPER long despite being like, 4 chapters. Also, Hiroko not understanding that she is the target of Ayaka's affection immediately after she outs herself, despite Ayaka plainly stating so a few times with strong declarations of love, feels a little silly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my gripe, and probably more than a few people's gripe, is that this manga veered hard from funny to frustrating and it feels bogged down.
That's very fair. The tone shift has not been kind to Hiroko, and I do have a hard time seeing at this point how Hiroko could change enough to date Ayaka in just a few chapters and have that development still feel organic, but I am willing to stick around after this chapter.

Even if the author pulls this off I get the feeling this'll be another manga that feels much better to read in a completed state.

Aggregator gang
It's truly just internalized homophobia: the manga, and I get it, but man is it frustrating to read,
this is not enjoyable idiot couple content.
This is just pain.

Dex-chan lover
The manga is ok, the real gem is the comment section. I really enjoy reading it. (y)

Maybe the story isn't great, but it's engaging enough for ppl to comment about it, which is great imo. 😁

Dex-chan lover
As annoying as it is, Hiroko's reason to not date Ayaka seems relatively fair now that she stopped being a dense cunt.
Hopefully the last 11 chapters won't be as painful doubts
Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread