Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if I'm understanding your comment right, so let me know if I'm not.

The point is that she did want this facade, originally (or accepted that this was what was needed to succeed) but now is second guessing all of that because of Ayaka. She says that she chose to do this, in this very chapter right after your quote. Then she wonders why she's getting cold feet now--all this while an image of Ayaka is in the background and Ayaka suddenly pops up in front of her.

She has no issue with the facade, really. She has an issue with her growing feelings for Ayaka. If Ayaka wasn't there, she'd take the promotion without issue. Ayaka has made her second guess everything, including her views of the workplace and whether her "facade strategy" was right. But it's not that easy to let go of long held beliefs especially since, as you said, her beliefs have led to her success. It's easy to think "why rock the boat when it's never sunk?" Ayaka's tenacity has forced Hiroko to seriously question 13+ years of life lessons, and that's not always an easy or quick thing.
not really, I'm just laughing at her thoughts that her hard work is merely a façade and her conclusion is because she loved her senpai and now loves Ayaka it means everything she has done was not for any particular reason outside of keeping up appearances and using that to justify her refusal to get promoted

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! It’s been a journey with this one, and now we’re in the final stretch. Excited to see how this one wraps up

saw the update and planned to save it for later but the 46 comments in 18 hrs made me think they finally kissed.
hm. doesn't feel as good as i hoped. i don't think the author is stretching the story out but i def think itd be more interesting for hirako to have these doubts while IN the relationship. i don't agree with the idea that she wants to be miserable as it seems very clear that her superior leaving has changed how she views the workplace. to her anything the comments recommend would be like running back into a fire after a firefighter just died taking you out.
ayaka's gods strongest lesbian for sticking it out tho

Fed-Kun's army
That went from a good manga to tiresome and repetitive one pretty quick. And it's only 2 chapters till the end, so it's unlikely to change, right? Such a shame, great style but horrendous script. Sometimes you just need two different people to do the art and write the story, I guess.

Aggregator gang
Remember. Sal Jiang dropped Black & White for this.

Which is not bad, but it makes me sad how they are trying to squeeze more conflict in the final run. Well, at least is believable.
they dropped black & white ??

Dex-chan lover
they dropped black & white ??
Yikes. I might edit my comment after all.

No, Sal Jiang was working in both series at the same time. As far as I understand (and as it was clarified by some other commenters) they put B&W in hiatus to finish this.

Not only did they go back to B&W. It seems that they didn't end the story in Vol 2, and just published a Vol 3. Apparently it's completed now, but status still "on going"

Sorry for the fake news.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Yikes. I might edit my comment after all.

No, Sal Jiang was working in both series at the same time. As far as I understand (and as it was clarified by some other commenters) they put B&W in hiatus to finish this.

Not only did they go back to B&W. It seems that they didn't end the story in Vol 2, and just published a Vol 3. Apparently it's completed now, but status still "on going"

Sorry for the fake news.
haha no worries, i saw the other comments after i replied. thank u for clarifying !!

Dex-chan lover
Oh, to be a sworn sword in Lady Ayaka's service, watching as she puts in the effort for this lowly dame, sighing and comforting her in her tear-filled nights. I truly understand all these comments fuming at Hiroko, we are all knights devoted to Ayaka after all. Above all else, we must respect the lady and her wishes. She'll find a way.

Dex-chan lover
Damn she's locked in on Hiroko
This girl can take the most devastating, soul-crushing rejections and simply shake them off like they're nothing as long as she sees literally any hope for things to work out, it is so genuinely impressive

Users who are viewing this thread