Ayakashiko - Vol. 8 Ch. 64

Aggregator gang
I swear if this ends with them saying goodbye so that she can stay rooted on the human side instead of falling between the cracks I'm gonna flip all the tables.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, I thought she was going to "their" side but not to a fucking limbo! this is BAD! D: and her wives don't know what to do either.

Thank you for the quick releases considering the cliffhangers and all!

Nep

Dex-chan lover
A picture paints a thousand words.
https://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/proxy/_Z-r04-9B20XCGcrz78jaD2ewwgEjUrYdRhgwmCKunkbL8DUIhYTQJ6XuumtaYNxriPI7Da1uXc67P7faER5JL7EmYvqrjyky90

Dex-chan lover
dbc.jpg

Dex-chan lover
That first page is ominous. This had better have a happy ending.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, this is so sudden. . .where's the editor! YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO AXE THIS SERIES RIGHT?

Fed-Kun's army
I agree, this does come off as very random plot development. It is also a total change in tone for the series. If it was caused by her constantly begun around Ayakashi, something should have indicated that there would be consequences. However, none of the characters ever made any mention of this at any point throughout the series. Definitely lends credence to the series being axed. I just don’t know why the author chose this as the route they wanted to take...

Double-page supporter
For those who haven't noticed, this is literally the second last chapter. At least according to MD.

I hate when axed endings or endings in general contrast starkly with the usual tone of the manga, specifically when relatively SoL manga are all of a sudden super dramatic and high stakes, the tone shift never really works.

I don't think it was axed, I found the author's twitter and this post https://twitter.com/hijikini/status/1298646406756888578 says:

8巻までコミックス出して頂いて、しかも(私の筆が遅いため)5年も連載してたなんてそりゃもう、大往生ですよ

(訳:打ち切りとかじゃなくてちゃんと綺麗に完結させたので安心して8巻予約してくださいね)
Translated from Japanese by Google:
It's a great success that you published a comic up to volume 8 and serialized it for 5 years (because my writing brush is slow).

(Translation: It wasn't a censoring, but I completed it properly, so please reserve 8 volumes with confidence.)

Users who are viewing this thread