Baby Steps - Vol. 40 Ch. 384 - The feel of Grand Slam

Thanks for picking this up

A few minor errors which a proofreader could help with, but decent job overall.

Did you consult Fallen Angels?

Group Leader
@natosphere Oh nice....!! Are you taking over from FA Scans?? Or is this done independently??

Ooff... with all due respect, there's a mistranslation right from the first bubble, "Listen up Egawa, While your opponent has higher world (ATP) ranking than you, on grass court, your skill is definitely above him."

fiN

Thank you for translating this! Thank you so much for picking this up!

Double-page supporter
Oh, did FA drop this? I know it's been a while since they've released, but that seems to be how they do things (long time with no updates then sudden burst of chapter releases).

Group Leader
Wow I see that the PC police are hard at work even in MD now lmao. Can't insult somebodies intelligence even when it is clear that the person that worked on this has the cognitive capacity of a monkey.

1) FA is actively working on this on their site and don't upload here because they disagree with MD, which I think is fair enough.
2) The translation in this is horrible and I have reason to believe the entire thing was MTL'd
3) There was no proofreading done this entire chapter, none of the sentences make sense, there is grammatical and spelling errors. OP clearly didn't give a shit the entire time
4) The typesetting... the typesetting... like jesus christ dude. Have you ever looked up a typesetting guide? Nothing about this is even remotely acceptable. The leading, the kerning, the tracking, there is instances where the fucking centering is obviously wrong. You have made no attempt to even bother shaping correctly.
5) Fuck you, work on another series that isn't being actively scanlated you pathetic excuse for a human.

The translation is just fine, if the other team doesn't want to upload at MD then it's fair game for another team to pick it up and upload here.

Group Leader
@MrBeaver it literally isn't fine, there is nothing correct about it at all. Is English not your first language? How can you say that this is fine when half the sentences don't make sense?

So..... there are plenty of dropped/unpicked mangas, but seems this person called "natosphere" like this manga, and seems this is his first scanlation work. But, the thing is that his work is pretty amateur - bad typesetting: "filling" the bubble (large words); no period (full stop); uniting two sentences in joint bubbles as one; one font for all, which is plain - not using 3-4 different fonts; lack of centering and not properly using of hyphenation. I would leave aside the translation and proofreading (plus cleaning/redraw) 'cause I'm not into this.

I would prefer FA Scans' chapters, despite that I don't like FA Scans group very much (as a group, not that they don't release on MD, I'm fine with the policy of some scan group to not upload on MDex). Just this guy natosphere would to be calm and patient over FA's releases.

Group Leader
So... Fallen Angels hasn't updated in almost a month and a day after this independent scanlator tries they pop out two chapters?
Thanks Lone Ricotta. Even if you didn't intend for this to happen I'm still happy about your release. Good attempt!

Users who are viewing this thread