Baki Rahen - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Upholding Aesthetics

Dex-chan lover
I wonder who's next... There's so many it could be. A Battle of the Animalistic and Aesthetics! I feel like this is going to be a strong part indeed!
Unless we jump straight to Jack V Ogre, which I doubt. But, who knows what Itagaki has for us next, I'm excited to find out!

Dex-chan lover
He better return with some depleted uranium teeth if he wants even a bite from the ogre.

Honestly this whole stroking the bitting ego is kind of lack-luster after Musashi ... which makes me think Musashi should've been left for last arc of Baki.

Dex-chan lover
In before: “You can train your jaw, but you can’t train how your teeth is bound to your mouth (or whatever the dental terminology is).”
After Ogre (or whoever is gonna beat Jack) punched Jack’s teeth and they came loose.

In before: “You can train your jaw, but you can’t train how your teeth is bound to your mouth (or whatever the dental terminology is).”
After Ogre (or whoever is gonna beat Jack) punched Jack’s teeth and they came loose.
"And then Jack, in a moment of desperation and clarity, figured out how to bite with his fingers and toes, only made possible by his extensive biting experience..."

Group Leader
Is it me or have the past couple of chapters been mid
It's you.
Really? Not even the Ogre could beat him?
That's not exactly what he's saying, he's saying that Yuujirou couldn't degrade himself with something seen as a "cheap" tactic. It's the same message as the "I'd spread my asshole, not even he could go that far!" scene. Obviously Yuujirou would trash Jack, but he wouldn't be able to bite someone the same way Jack can.

Dex-chan lover
Jack's resolve is already confirmed to be greater :lol:

Qq8ikEA.jpeg

Double-page supporter
Bro didn't we already cover all this when Jack said he'd show his asshole to win? What a filler chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Not surprised someone calls it mid, even I have a sort of thematic issue with Jack right now. Mainly the biting - as far as fighting styles go, biting's extremely one dimensional and kind of a wacky thing to bring to a fist fight, especially when teeth are made out of metal. Of course "everything goes" in Baki fights so wacky stuff isn't unusual, buuuuuut honestly biting's a boring choice. I hope that future fights are not going to be all about how soon Jack manages to take a bite out of his opponent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread