Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside

This is one of thos mangas where if i see a harem tag i'll not just remove from read list, i'll print on my printer, then i will use it as toilet paper.

@Darudius

Correct.

The only one who actually wanted Gideon to leave gone was the Sage, who wanted to mack on his little sister without Gideon around. Although the chat between the Literal Lancer and the Grandmaster implies that part of the problem was that the Grandmaster tends towards brutal honesty when critiquing someone in a fight, so he apparently said something a bit rude-but-true about Gideon not being able to keep up with their current fights. Unlike the Sage, though, he fully appreciated what Gideon did for the party.

Even though he never would develop any of the Fancy Advanced Skills the others were starting to develop once they outleveled him, Gideon provided his Little Sister Hero's party with diplomatic support, managed all their supplies, gathered intelligence on what they were doing, made sure they weren't sick or injured, and was in charge of their Mook Support when they were working with armies and planned their strategies. Hell, he used to be the Vice-Captain of his own Knightly Order, which means he could potentially bring Elite Mooks along too for fighting lower ranking demon fodder. That doofball Gideon forgot that not everything is raw stats, since even if he lacked Flashy Super Mega Sword Magic Beam moves, he was still a quite experienced fighter by that point who has plenty of experience at using what he has. IE, he one-shots the Owlbear early on in his retirement with just a basic sword attack combo'd with a low-ranking movement skill.

Basically, Red used to be pretty much all the Support-type jobs (Inventory management, rumor gathering, out of combat healing, equipment acquisition, etc) you find in a Suikoden game, all rolled up in one person.

Sage basically sucker-punched him, emotionally, and convinced him to leave quietly without the rest of the party knowing while he was feeling bad about not being a frontline fighter anymore. This is doubly stupid because as the Heroine interlude points out, she's getting to the point that NO ONE can keep up with her, so Red not being able to do so is another reason the long time party members are pissed at the Sage swindling him into leaving.

This has backfired AMAZINGLY badly for the Heroine's party.

Not only did they lose the extremely powerful high elf druid (who nearly killed the Sage in a magic fight as well as devastating the area when she started doing the whole 'summon Greater Elemental' thing after calling him out on being full of shit), the Sage is -horrible- at the jobs that Red used to do. IE, the party is stuck in a desert because Alex the Sage pissed off the local sand people, didn't stock enough supplies, and doesn't know where the Relic Equipment they're searching for is (because he hasn't done any background info gathering before they arrived and also pissed off the locals who might know).

On top of that, there's a decent chance that part of his Job wasn't 'just' guarding the Hero and their party while they were weak. Chapter 6 mentions that Jobs have a mental component as well, with people gaining personality quirks from their Protection/Jobs as they grow into and level them up. The Hero's job, from what an acquaintance who's read ahead points out, makes them mono-focused on Killing the Demon Lord. The speculation we've got is that part of the Guide Job's secondary effects is it smooths out the edges in those around them. IE, if you look at the flashbacks, Gideon shows up and helps inspire people to not give up, find a way out of hopeless situations such as Lit's with 'We're besieged by a demon army and a shapeshifting demon murdered our highest ranking general and led our forces into a trap' moping, that sort of thing. Hell, Red even does it on a minor level, such as inspiring the Sauna owner to not give up at competing with the super fancy new onsen, or reassuring the little kids that their Protections do have an influence on personality but aren't something to be scared of, just aware of.

It's one reason his little sister seems to be getting scary enough to intimidate the Strongest Grandmaster Martial Artist with a single death-glare, as well as getting apathetic about things that aren't killing demons. Without the Guide around, she's getting more and more focused on 'MUST KILL DEMONS', since apparently the Hero Protection causes some extremely strong personality urges without moderating influences. Lit mentions that she couldn't really comprehend Ruty the Heroine in SERIOUS FACE MODE (Lit considers Ruty scarier than any demon she's fought) with the little sister snuggling up to her big brother, so she is notably different around Gideon, which supports that possibility of the Guide Protection having secondary effects.

The other reason she's getting super scary is probably a chronic lack of Headpats from Oniisan. Very important for an Imouto, those headpats. Seriously, end of Chapter 6, she's got the rest of her party staring at her, with an entire demon army murdered, muttering 'I AM STRONGER NOW. PLEASE PAT MY HEAD ONII-CHAN' and making a scaryface.

@snipermakedonski
Off the top of my follow list there's https://mangadex.org/title/35675/bo...edo-manamusume-ga-dekita-no-de-nonbiri-jinsei, where the Strongest Wizard was kicked out of the Hero's Party for slowly getting weaker (his spells were cast from his Hit Points due to Reasons) who gets un-screwed over a chapter or two in.

There's also https://mangadex.org/title/35536/th...e-guardsman-after-taking-an-arrow-to-the-knee, which is a little variant in the Strongest Wizard retires because he got shot in the knee and between Heroing and Stress it was getting hard to keep up with his life.

There's E-Rank Healer, which is a bit of a variant in that the MC got mind-fucked and kicked out of her party later on when they got tired of her around.

We've got another one with a dickish Hero in the form of https://mangadex.org/title/39573/ko...wa-iwa-senai-oreryuu-mao-tobatsu-saizen-ruuto, where the Hero refuses to listen to their Wizard going 'no, really, I know it's a giant evil tree but it's -fire proof-, let me use other spells' and gets told to shut up for being useless.

Those are the ones off the top of my head for 'Party member kicked from Hero's Party for dickish reasons'.

Aggregator gang
All the tropes typical of this kind of premise, but no harem?! Hell yeah, bookmarked!

I've read the novel of this and it is definitely one of the better of this sub-branch of "kicked from the hero's party by idiots". I would definitely recommend.

I really enjoy Lit and Red's relationship, the subtle but not-so-subtle expression of liking each other.

Dex-chan lover
Just read the novel... shits good yo! Wouldnt say story is completely original, but world building was nice, character progression was fantastic, and story execution was really good!

Double-page supporter
I don't know if anyone can help me, but I am looking for a manga similar to this. I just forgot the title of it. It is the same thing he gets kicked out of his party and then becomes a mage or something like that. I remember when the party leader kicks him out for being weak and he says, "I understand and leaves". Then girl who I believe likes him calls him a corward. I just forgot the title of it.

@tokiioKH "Kouryakuhon" o Kushi Suru Saikyou no Mahoutsukai ~< Meirei sa sero > to wa Iwa Senai Oreryuu Mao Tobatsu Saizen Ruuto ~

The whole manga there have been those claims about the great, humble, selfless, intelligent and cautious hero but...
Come on, the sage isn't even trying to hide how much of a selfish asshole he is. He gets booted from the party by the scheming jerk who clearly has only his own interests in mind despite being related to royalty, and the freaking hero being his sister, not to mention that for being a "drag" he pretty much was the de facto leader of the party.

At this point there are no excuses. Him leaving his sister alone with that jerk when she needs him the most just screams idiocy. You can't sell me that image of a competent leader if he misreads his own party that badly.

@tokiioKH If you still haven't found the manga, it's called The Strongest Wizard who makes full use of the strategy book, or Kouryakuhon o Kushi Suru Saikyou no Mahoutsukai.

Double-page supporter
Gotta say, this MC is kinda... (ديوث)... being okay with his sister ending up with a man that is rotten.

I'm torn on this story. I love the current day story of Red's relaxing life and his developing romance with Lit. I even love the backstory of how the two met. But I have such a hard time accepting the idea that he just abandoned his sister without a word, no matter the reason (and, let's face it, it was a bad reason, too). His sister clearly looked up to him and needed him, and it's not like he hasn't stood up to others who try to push him around, so it's such an inconsistent disruption to the rest of the story to have written his background like that.

Fed-Kun's army
@Darketower I feel you there... the story, the backstory, all nice and intresting, but i cant let go of the fact that he just left her, while surely knowing that she need her, in the hands of this rotten trash of a sage...
It doesnt fit too, its just for the sake of plot, he needed to be away, so just throw something in, but since its not done well it keeps distracting :/

MD@Home
@Silwith From what I can see, Red only sees his skill being a hindrance to those who no longer needed guided, but his actual personality is much more than his Divine Protection, he is too fixated on that. Its more or less a complex of his. It brings the notion of being told you are worthless over and over, you end up starting to believe it if no one else objects or counteracts.

I do wonder if the that big guy from the Hero ground does end up finding Red.

Users who are viewing this thread