Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside - Vol. 11 Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
What this chapter lacks in plot and story development, it more than makes up for in feels. Thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
i know this is supposed to be a wholesome moment but this gives me antagonist vibes instead.

Dex-chan lover
such a great sibling relationship.

...wonder when they'll fuck.
Hopefully soon
In the LNs later she says she's ok with Rit being the main wife and her a mistress
Siiiiggggghhhhhssss

The unfortunate thing?

I can see it.

From what I have seen so far, a lot of these blessings are psychologically damaging if the person afflicted with it doesn't have the coping skills for dealing with them.

And for particularly extreme blessings like Ruti's "Hero" Blessing? I can see how that'd be damaging no matter if you were going with it or not. That damn thing all-but turns you into a meat-robot programmed to carry out a very specific objective.

The closest thing I can think of for this in real world terms is what it would be like to have multiple personalities, only without the benefit of not having recollection of what the other personality is doing when you're not in control. Basically, like another personality, this Hero Blessing forces Ruti to do as it pleases, shoving her own will and desires aside and forcing her into the backseat, powerless to do anything more than watch as she acts against her own desires.

That has got to SERIOUSLY fuck up a little girl's head.

And here you have her older brother. Nailed with the blessing of being his little sister's biggest and closest supporter. Something that he's taken to because he cares about his sister enough that he no longer cares if humanity practically goes extinct.

I'm pretty sure that what has happened is that Ruti has developed an Electra Complex with her older brother in the place of the father figure. This happens when a girl goes through that "I'm gonna marry my big brother/daddy!" phase and it's either mishandled of they suffer some other kind of psychological damage and the only person they could depend on was that father figure.

And, unfortunately, it looks as though things are heading in this direction. If that fuck-face mage shows up, demanding that Ruti marry him while trying to kill the only person who has given her his unwavering love and support... She is definitely going to feel that the only man she can count on for love is her brother. And what's worse is that Red will accept this only so that she can be happy. Yeah, it'll be "wrong". But so has been everything else that poor girl has gone through.

TL;DR:
Think of it this way. You have someone you think of as a beloved little sister or brother. You've watched them suffer through absolute hell all throughout their life. Through it all, you've been there, given them love, comfort, and support. You've been teaching them everything they need to know in order to survive. You have been the only person they could ever depend on for anything and everything, be it basic daily necessities, teaching, or love and emotional support. Everyone else only sees them as a tool to be used.

You should not be surprised when, one day when they are old enough, they suddenly say that your the only person they want to start a family with. Because when someone wants to take that step? They're only going to want to take it with someone they feel that they can share unconditional love with and place their full trust in. (Whether they actually should love and trust said person is another matter...)

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully soon
In the LNs later she says she's ok with Rit being the main wife and her a mistress
hot damn fr, i've read so many fantasy adventure mangas with sibling characters, but this is probably the first one i've seen where they
canonically have seggs

Dex-chan lover
hot damn fr, i've read so many fantasy adventure mangas with sibling characters, but this is probably the first one i've seen where they
canonically have seggs
Well, it's open for interpretation about what that means, because the novel doesn't touch upon it

Dex-chan lover
canonically have seggs
This story has the balls to do it

AND WE'RE HERE FOR IT. ALL ABOARD THE TRAIN!

Dex-chan lover
i'm surprised no one discussing the "Hero Management Bureau" plaque. It's written in the wood elf language, but inside an ancient elf's ruins.

Very suspicious 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Sigh God Damn it Japan, I like their current bro/sister dynamic, stop with the horny :shamihuh:
From what I can tell, they aren't biologically siblings, but rather he's been a big brother to her for as long as she can remember

Dex-chan lover
its really good concept. human having free will yet have "job" system that correct and enforce certain task against your free will.

Users who are viewing this thread