Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside - Vol. 11 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
I am so confused. What exactly was the trigger behind this obsession?
It's like he's trying to do more than just restore his family name.
Don't think too hard about it. The divine protections are ruining everybody's lives in that world. Even Ares wouldn't be such an unreasonable scumbag without it. But with it, he's obsessed with the hero, and he can't really help it. His divine protection is telling him to do his everything to help the hero to defeat the demon king. There's a very thin line between helping the hero and being obsessed with her. If he sees something that may hamper his obsessive concept of helping her, he will try to get rid of it, be it enemy or friend. Ruti's own situation is even worse because she has pretty much no other emotions than wanting to save the world. She's like a robot who knows she's not a robot but a human. Only by using the (divine protection suppressing) drug she can feel anything at all.

In short, it's a terrible world with terrible gods.

Dex-chan lover
Are we still far away from this good part?
Not too far.
They all head on to the ruins and then a fight breaks out between Ruti, Gideon, Rit, danan, alchemist, Assassin, & spider vs Ares, demon, other chick. It takes a bit but ends with Ares dying along with the demon. It then goes back to rit and gideon lovey dovey series for a bit. I haven't read past volume 6 yet, but nothing too serious yet.
Also, Ruti > Rit. A funny part happens in a later volume. Assassin thinks Ruti is over her brother and asks if she's alright with Rit marrying Gideon. And Ruti replies that it's ok because Rit can be the main wife and she'll be the lover.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dude just get on with the fighting, you're just going to get destroyed anyway. :wowee: I'm glad the anime didn't prolong this. And seriously, how is he mad that Red/Gideon is having a fun life with his waifu? He kicks him out then says he abandons his duty. Bruh.

Dex-chan lover
It lives!
Hopefully Ares won't for much longer. Red's just living his own life away from that POS. Abandoned his duty my ass...he ORDERED him to go away, and both siblings abandoned him eventually because they got tired of his shit. Typical spoiled brat noble with a twisted sense of entitlement, who just happened to have become a Sage, and given a little insight. Went right to his rotten little head.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Overblown sense of self-worth. Because Sage and Saint are the only classes that can use Appraisal, he fabricated the idea that he was special in his own head, because he was the only person in the Kingdom who could see her worth. And because he was the only one who could see, he came to that entitled, delusional conclusion, that he is destined to be together with the Hero forever.

Dex-chan lover
This is what I understand from the WN.
The sage used to be a noble, but it's been fallen. He wants to used the [Hero] to restore his house by marrying her after they defeat the Demon Lord. In other word, become a parasite.

Not only that. He always thought that divine protection [Sage] is above anyone else, compare to [Guide] divine protection which Gideon had. He felt jealous that Ruti always rely and clinging to her brother compare to him.

Users who are viewing this thread