Battle Angel Alita: Last Order

Sorry about the quality of most of the old covers. I couldn't find them in good resolution.

Dex-chan lover
This was... definitely not as good as the first one. Actually it feels like a completely different manga during their entire stay in Jeru/Ketheres. Which is, well, pretty much all of it. It does have its moments, but overall, it's just not the same thing.

Power Uploader
I'll reiterate what I posted in "The Great Machine" comment section. The official omnibuses from Kodansha Comics USA contain oneshots at the end of every omnibus from Kishiro's early days as well as some oneshots made during Alita's initial serialization, if that interests anyone.

As an addendum, the Kodansha omnibuses are collected versions of the Viz translation from the 2000s, which is noticeable by how the SFX are translated (which is unusual for Kodansha unless it's Ichi-F or Vinland Saga), and because it's a 2000s translation there'll be some wonkiness (still reads fine for the most part, however). The single tankos from Volume 16 and onward are completely new translations and releases from Kodansha as the contents from those were serialized in their "Evening" magazine.

Just thought I should let everyone know.

Am I the only one here thinking these scans' quality is really subpar? I really want to read this manga but the first chapters are too painful to look at. I wasn't able to find any good scans of them anywhere on the web, be it in French or English. Guess I'm gonna have to shell out for the real deal, for once...

On the contrary to what others say here, I say for the most part, the story is on par with the original and in some instances, surpasses it.
I do admit, the first few chapters initially confused me, given how the first manga finished, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't really anything to worry about, and set the stage decently. Not to mention the fact this entire story is one epic journey of Alita's self-discovery and her past.
With that in mind, I believe Kishiro has done a great job telling the second part of Alita's story.

I must state, that I speak as someone who has read both stories recently, therefore you could say, I don't hold much bias with the original, which I suspect might be the case with some of the previous comments here. I'm happy to be proven wrong though for the aforementioned statement, if it may be wrong.

Spoilers about a certain character reveal below:

I also really loved Caerulla/Vilma's backstory

Last edited:
Supporter
it was a wild ride, I agree on the part that it was not as good as the OG but also it clearly did try to do something else.
This something else can be VERY wierd at time but that what I like very much with this take on gunnm, Kishiro Yukito did not stop himself from exploring some very strange idea and let his creation run wild, that rare and what I love about story

Now I must say the fanlation is clearly subpart when compared to the official one and I would recommend everyone to try to find the official one.
I am not complaining about the quality of the fanlation itself, translation is very hard and a full on and complex jobs and you cannot ask/expect perfect translation for free, but sometime be it nuance or contexte did go missing or could have been worded better

Unlike the OG I do not think I would recommend this one to everyone but I enjoyed it very much

Users who are viewing this thread