Battle in 5 Seconds After Meeting - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - I'm Going to Kill you

Dammit, Ouji is going to be an annoying masochist after this. And he conveniently has the iron body as his skill just so that he could survive against 5-times skill of Yuuri.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow her strength is magnified 5x and her bones are magically able to take it.

Nice.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe,
I agree, the author really did not think of what her ability actually means.
Also 'physical strength' is inaccurate, it should be 'physical attributes'/'physical ability'/'physical fitness': for example, Olympic runners aren't described as physically strong.

Dex-chan lover
@cgr We can also chalk it up to the fact that the abilities the cards said they had doesn't truly describe the full picture, the only reason I only hinted at light sarcasm instead of story-bashing. If her bones were able to take it I'd have expected the MC to note either that her ability allows it or that she's freakishly tough from the outset.

Similarly, sophist ability is vague as all hell and he had to do some experimenting to find out a bit more on the mechanics. He's likely to be practically correct, but if HxH has taught me anything, the powers get most convoluted and surprising when they interact specifically with other powers. If MC can get sophist, who knows what other wacko abilities exist. These early chapters are probably about setting the MC up to look good, hopefully author can follow through with antagonists in the future.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe,
Sophist's ability is vague because the 'other' person isn't identified, but her physical ability wasn't.

the MC should have been really smart and should have thought about her bone issue; however, he was too confident in her victory, so it shows that the author lacks writing skill.

I'll still read it because I'm interested in the mystery and cool fights, but I'm certain this won't be a masterpiece.

Double-page supporter
@Lithe @cgr Calm ur tits down guys, its still just the beginning (volume 2). I believe the author will explain it at later chap

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Cestina @ananymouss
the (supposedly genius) MC had almost 2 hours to think about how Yuuri's ability works, including her speed/durability, but he only tested her jumping power so his baseless confidence in her victory makes no sense.

Clearly, the author only thought of it later (or only realized it after someone told him about it)

As I've mentioned, I'm still interested in this series, so please don't give any spoilers

Dex-chan lover
Tbh I just saw her ability the same power as the one in tiger and bunny so it increase everything physical. Just a down graded version though.

And Japan love tiger and bunny.

Dex-chan lover
If author pulled the One Piece card and basically suggested that you don't think about the powers too much, I certainly wouldn't.

But he's pulling the smart MC card and is at least capable of making me want to put a little thought into it. The problem then lies in the fact that I may think of some things that the author couldn't or forgot to put in, which ends up being disappointing to me no matter how I look at it.

It's tough to write smart characters since actually considering all the significant details is difficult, but I do like the fact that he is trying/succeeding moderately.

It's umm imagine if your bodies strength every ounce every fiber every tendon etc had enhanced strength first of all all the other stuff skin bones etc wouldn't be able to handle you punching things at full strength etc they would break making a bloody mess it's increased strength not increased durability also if everything's is enhanced like that it would still be only 5x lol, not whatever their saying that it would be more than 5x.

Users who are viewing this thread