BEASTARS - Vol. 20 Ch. 174 - A Heroic Story of Blood Spraying in the Air

@mickhail How did Legosi's Mother change abruptly? I'm sure you mean the lizard transformation, right? It took very long for the scales to actually grow. It started on her back when she was a young woman. And she killed herself when it was nearly complete, which was when Legosi was a child( I don't remember his exact age, I think it was 7). So, it took a few years.

Dex-chan lover
@parkourse Probably the same reason Legosi powered up by eating his foot last time, now his blood's gonna do the same thing for some reason.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperShanko and now I'm done trying to discuss with you because you're being deliberately obtuse. it doesn't matter how supportive your parents are if you literally cannot eat without mental agony, cannot live without pain as your body transforms, cannot look yourself in the mirror without being horrified at random, uncontrollable changes taking place making you look like a monster.

Legosi is 3/4 wolf, that's why there haven't been any physical changes (presumably). his children with Haru will be 50% carnivore (wolf/komodo dragon), 50% rabbit. that is a big deal.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the series and I hope it turns out happy for the two of them and their children as you imagine instead of the miserable story as I foresee.

Dex-chan lover
I love that Paru still draws all the various scars on Legosi's body that he's got over time, just like a certain someone else

@ tailor31415
Well, that is certainly based on a lot of assumptions, that being we even get to see their children, but as it stands now we’ve yet to see a 3/4th child. I mean did all I know, Legoshi will spit venom at Melon. Who’s to say, but I think you’re getting your feathers a little flustered here.

As I said based on the mentality of them, and the weird spiritual/physical thing Paru has added into this, we’re both just making a lot of assumptions, though I contend I’m right in this outcome.

@ MrMastery

12, and from the looks of her she was a good half changed. This being the assumption her body was fully done with its changes. I doubt she’d go full lizard, just severe bald patches.

@mickhail He's been growing spots for quite a while. But, well, might be a change spurt. It all works mysteriously.

Fed-Kun's army
Somehow, I hope it's the last arc, it's getting way too long and way too weird.

I loved this manga when I started reading it about a year and a half ago, but it really seems like the author has lost focus and honestly I'd be okay with this being the final arc, or at least have a good amount of time for her to actually think about what she's writing. like literally what was that stand shit a few chapters ago

Aggregator gang
@grassmask it was never that good tbh, just some furfags forced it into popularity and an anime adaptation added fuel to the fire. it's not bad, but not as good as some people prase it to be

@ZeonII It's pretty decent for a Japanese manga honestly, better than slime-tensei, but not anything especially great like OPM, Mob Psycho, Monster, ect. But ultimately, it's kind of just a unique spin on what we usually see. Not many cool things came out in the last 1-2 years, even for novels, I've been re-watching/reading a lot of things, since I feel like anything that hasn't been going on for a while is getting filled with newer/trendy genre's like Isekai, and the older great series are being stopped because the Author's getting bored after writing it for like 10 years.

Aggregator gang
@ILikeCocaColaWithMyNameOnIt wll now, I wouldn't say that. there are a lot of hidden gems that don't get proper attention . It's just that industry is over-saturated by trash that caters to young edgy teens or "adult babies". Really good things that can be universally accepted as good are buried under the heaps of that kind of trash

@Suchabutt and @Monochrome_Scholar I don't think I know of any Indian woman who take a knife to their skin or tattoo themselves!!??

Melon's case is definitely psychological issue and are not just skin deep about societal pressure to look 'beautiful'. Even Legosi's mom's suicide hints at being more serious.

The excesses of Indian women's attempts at getting fairer all extend to medical procedures performed in clinics by doctors: from laser surgery to chemical peels to injections- everything is western medicine, approved chemicals and western medical practises with standard risks and marketed as methods of attaining skin fairness. Most shocking is cryosurgery for skin fairness because cryosurgery one normally thinks of cancer treatment. But these are all derivative cosmetic procedures. Comparing, all these are same principle as cosmetic plastic surgery but dermatological procedures. In any case they don't seem to look all that diferent color- it is more skin color smoothening and wart removal- things even western women get done.

These things are expensive and thus mostly availed by those with disposable income which actually is a lot of people. But again many actually do have a terrible apperance complex: again, psychologial but due to social pressure. Traditionally people only use fairness creams and, facewashes and herbal face uptans which are affordable and sold as products for 'fairness' is a marketing gimmick. All the advertisements are also very shameful and annoying. However, as common as the fairness complex in India is, cosmetic things like laser treatment and all was initilly more popularized by high society ladies from the biggest metropolis like Delhi and done by legit doctors. Plastic surgery and botox is also quite a growing fad but are more universal. So are some weight loss methods.

If there is some instance maybe you could share a more specific example.
But I should remind you of shocking beauty fads in the western world- from plastic surgery with women trying to look like dolls, to removal of ribs to looks slimmer- European models and influencers did that and in US and Russia they have leg lengthening surgeries. That concept of undergoing excruciating pain in order to attain 'perfect appearance' definitely seems like a psychological disorder. The fact that people are willing to do something wich is painful and a permanent body modification requiring invasive surgery and post-op care and may have side-effects and all of it only to look better seems some kind of social malady...or maybe it is just what it is. People all through the ages and across the globe have always done such invasive things for the concept of beauty after all.
Years ago in tabloids there were these rumors about Michael Jackson and having gotten extensive plastic surgery and skin tattoos to look the way he did. Which since vitiligo is very common in parts of India- was very believable to most people here- since even the most extensive vitiligo looks very patchy. For vitiligo and other such illness affecting skin as you said few people prefer to get tattoos or similar skin procedures done because that is no longer just cosmetic but becomes a terrible hinderance in everyday social life.
Also let us never ever forget that one comedic American who is Mr Trump and his gaffes who wants people injecting themselves with disinfectants before pointing fingers at non-western countries. He is solid proof that there are extrememly ignorant but educated and highly influential people populating the civilized world.

Users who are viewing this thread