BEASTARS - Vol. 20 Ch. 174 - A Heroic Story of Blood Spraying in the Air

Its what I expected, I was speculating that the blood was louis's and legoshi's blood but ok. It got confirmed and he gonna almost get himself killed bro, if not killed.

@Tailor31415

Nah, Legoshi has gone through a lot of acceptance and understanding of that, no longer having that shame, especially with Gosha. Melon and his Mama are the negative outcomes of it for denying and trying to evade it.

Add to it the stigma against basically biracial children and I could see him adding that to a list of social issues with this world in need of fixing.

Dex-chan lover
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEEEEEEEEEEEEETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@YyAoMmIi After Legosi fight Louis was on the scene without a leg, with Legosi with blood in his mouth he obviously the perpetrator of this, and he probably admitted been the one, as the father of the victim and the CEO of a large conglomerate it would be strange if Oguma didn't know who was that ate his son's leg, at least it is what i think.

@Evilsheeplord Maybe he had a growth spurt with his antlers, maybe his state of mind in accepting his new responsibilities made his body change... or maybe is just Paru being epic XD.

Melon "transformation" at this stage is really interesting, he now has a body that can go against Legosi, in some part of his mind i think he is accepting or at least wanting the body of his mother, even if he despises her there a spark in him that want to be finally accepted and his encounter with Legosi and Haru is the catalyst for this change, but sincerely i don't want to see simply turn "good" if it is to him to have some redemption i expect that Paru makes it believable, i want to see Melon struggle with his newfound strength.

Fed-Kun's army
@supershanko
I'm not talking about acceptance, I'm talking about the physical suffering that comes from incompatible biological needs and systems. his children could suffer the same exact sensation of everything tasting like sand, the body horror of waking up in an entirely different body or having your skin slowly slough off and become scales, the mental struggle of their herbivore and carnivore instincts fighting on a daily basis, etc. it is not comparable to human biracial children, not at all.

Louis isnt going to die regardless of how many times it is played that out that he died. Legosi and Louis are going to become what Yahya and Gosha couldn't become, Beastars.

Double-page supporter
So ignoring the fact he got jacked out of nowhere, does the fact that Melon tries to essentially tear off his own spots mean that this is something he does regularly? Because physique aside, I doubt that this is the first time in his adult life since his mothers death that he has grown spots. Maybe not as many as he has now, but I can imagine that if he grew one of two somewhere, this would be his response, which adds a whole new factor to his characterisation and the degree to which he hates that side of himself.

Hah, called it! Every cliffhanger is slowly becoming a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. There may come a day Paru's cliffhangers will become real.

this is some gigabrain shit, i need it to be 4/20/20 again so i can take this in another state of mind

Double-page supporter
@icantnotthink
I completely forgot about that, it's been so long.

Even so, I still think his actions here add to that aspect of his character. There's a difference between getting a bloody and painful tattoo to cover them up, and just straight up trying to rip off parts of your own skin. People in real life get tattoo cover ups or removals for body markings they don't like, but I don't know any who would do the equivalent of taking a knife to it and trying to tear it clean off themselves. His self hatred runs deep, to a degree I don't think he will ever come to terms with it, and honestly part of me hopes he doesn't (at least by the end of the arc), only because if he did it would seem a little unrealistic and sudden for a character like that who has struggled with it to that degree to then turn around and accept it. However I really think that might be where they're setting this up to go, which concerns me.

I am surprised that a lot of people did not catch that he was getting those melon leaf tattoos to cover up the new spots that appeared on his body. This was already implied in past chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread