BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 188 - Raise Your Neglectful Hand

Dex-chan lover
i am enjoying this payoff although i wish this arc ended sooner T_T

Legoshi should just have killed the fucker already. Like I think Paru is dragging it out so Melon meets his dad or something but Legoshi at least should've bitten his shoulder like he did the mafia boss. It's just kinda dragging on. It's not bad but Paru just kinda needs to end this arc so we can move onto to the next one hopefully.

Aggregator gang
Oof, Melon killed his mum for nothing.
Did he really never try to find out anything about his extended family? You're telling me that in >20 years he never found out his father might not be dead?
Honestly kind of dissappointed that this seems to be going the route of the redemption/friendship arc. It was fine with Riz, but I don't like this approach with Melon. Why does modern fiction have such a problem with just letting it's antagonists stay antagonists. Just because they're nuanced and well written doesn't mean they should always be redeemed.

I don't think that just because Melon's dad was a bad guy means his mother was a good person either. Maybe it's just me being hyper-vigilant of that kind of stuff for personal reasons, but I always got kind of a..... mm sexual-abuse-vibe from his mother? Especially with the unhooking the bra scene. It's not all that weird to take baths with your kids when they are very young, but the way the scene was constructed with a sort of tension, the dread, and her reaction to his touch, was really, really creepy to me. That combined with all the times before when she would say Oh, I loved your father so much, You remind me of him so much, to me it all adds up to: Part of the reason Melon is fucked up is that he's a CSA victim, for which he received no support or help growing up because he's a carnivore/herbivore hybrid.

Dex-chan lover
Typical Dad saying "I'm gonna buy smoke just wait a bit" to his unborn son.

Dex-chan lover
@artsyalraune Not to say what she did was okay, but aside from that creepy sexual abuse vibe it was also pretty apparent she was just fucked up in general. I thought before it was because she had accidentally eaten the father before, given past evidence of mental instability in people who predated someone who was still alive. But clearly her trigger for mental issues was abandonment instead.

If she was in fact abusing Melon the way we suspect rather than just being sort of creepy, he probably wasn't getting help exactly for the reason you said. But neither was she, for similar reasoning. She was the woman everyone thought ate her lover, no one was approaching her to check on her or anything and she became a shut in so there she was, stewing in her own issues all day every day, with nothing but a very vivid reminder for company.

yeah... should've known this was all about,
Melon is not the real villain nor did his mother a psychopath, they both are but the victims over the cause of Melon father acts.

he created “the” Monster exactly at the time he left them. fuckin' asshole...

Wow so thats why melons mom was so broken, she loved the father so much that him abandoning her really shattered her mindset, she probably didn't even care he was a herbivore or her a carnivore, to have someone you truly love cast you aside on a whim. The relationship could've been what legosi's grandparents had, but the father was just a coward. She was so in pain her mind driven to insanity, that she probably started seeing melon like his father, a classic case of "you look so much like your father" stich, falling for her own son to fill the hole in her heart.

Users who are viewing this thread