BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 188 - Raise Your Neglectful Hand

Aggregator gang
what an ass pull. this series just hit rock bottom. there was no set up at all. just random dad out of nowhere

Double-page supporter
i feel so bad for melon mama now :"( left by her husband and then killed by her son, the only family she has left

Double-page supporter
@jbro212 That doesn't make it right for abandoning his child like that. He wasn't ready then don't do that. It is irresponsible. He is the opposite of Legoshi and Haru.

@ZeonII No set up? The issue with Melon's family has been emphasized for several chapters. His mother never stated she ate him.

Dex-chan lover
Melon's mom could've told Melon his dad left instead of letting him get the idea that she ate him. And yeah, it is indeed too much of a coincidence that Melon's dad is just passing through there, but then again something big is going on in the Backalley Market so it's safe to assume some people, including Melon's dad (especially since he bonked a carnivore), will be checking it out.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zeonll My guess is Paru knows people have lost interest or knows the story is really going in the wrong direction so she is trying to conclude this as fast as possible now.

Dex-chan lover
.... Melons dad is a flake. He's the type who said 'I'm going to the store' and just disappears forever
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
@Muteprophet8726 Melon accidentally killing or eating his own father due to his carnivore nature kicking in. I can't even begin to imagine how he would handle something like.

I don't think Paru decided to suddenly change things up or something. I believe she already planned this outcome all along.

If you feel something off about this arc, maybe it's because this arc is dominantly filled with actions. And we all know that action/fight is never the strong suit of Beastars.

Fed-Kun's army
idk, deadbeat dad is the worst trope because it's effective but as subtle as a sledgehammer -- that being said i'm interested to see if the author goes interesting places with it.

Users who are viewing this thread