BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 188 - Raise Your Neglectful Hand

Dex-chan lover
@Mewples Yeah it was bad but it might have been alot worse if he stayed. He could have been eventually eaten by his wife or own child. I'm going to wait and see if Paru justifies Yasha's judgement of Melon's dad by revealing more information about his leaving . Right now I just see his actions as scummy but understandable.

I don't think Melon's dad was truly frightened he'd be eaten. Even the way Paru drew him is very bland and still (esp when compared to the dynamic design of any other important character). That's not the design of someone with strong emotions or deep values. He justifies abandoning his partner and their child with a legitimate concern (being eaten) but his true reason was standing out from the crowd in an uncomfortable way.

Lol even the TITLE is "Raise Your Neglectful Hand." He's just irresponsible and truly ignorant/uncaring of how much trauma he's caused by his actions. And that's why he's "evil"

Fed-Kun's army
@Zen44 Not really it’s all speculation besides theirs proof of a lot of crossbreed animals are common , honestly he is so nonchalant about it that it just seems he just used her for sex and didn’t expect her to get pregnant since their not the same species

Dex-chan lover
@Mewples If that's what really happened then fine enough. I'm just saying until that's revealed I don't think he's evil let alone the worst thing ever if what he says is true.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zen44 Evil? Um I wouldn’t say that either , I just think he is .....nvm, he might have an arm missing

Dex-chan lover
@Mewples I wouldn't be surpised if Melon's dad did leave his mom for more horrid reasons, in fact I'm expecting that to be the case, but who knows maybe what he says is true. I just don't feel like making a judgement till we know how he interacts with Melon.

Fed-Kun's army
I could forgive his fears, but he waited until he had a child to leave. Melon and his mother's lives would have been difficult already without the whole hybridism and prejudice aspect and he doesn't even seem a bit remorseful. I suppose we'll get more details, but for now his own retelling of the story puts him in a terrible light. I don't even think he really felt his life threatened by Melon's mother judging by his expressions and the way he told his reasons. He looks more like a guy using a socially accepted prejudice to excuse his coward and immature action.

I do wonder why the mother told Melon she ate his father. Was it bitterness? Everybody, including her partner, thought she would eat him so she assumed the action even though she didn't? Or was it to turn Melon away from carnivore-herbivore relationships and avoid the same pain she went through? Could also be a mental issue that made her think she did and accept it. I just hope the father didn't dare fake his death to run away.

Dex-chan lover
@panda34 I think there’s a possibility that Melon’s mom actually did start to believe she ate him. She didn’t quite strike me as someone who was... sane.

@Regular_user2
She never outright said she ate him, just said she liked his flavor. Of course that could’ve meant one thing, but it could mean another from a certain point of view.

Also, it’s obvious why Melon’s dad is alive, it’s to further the comparisons between Melon and Legoshi. I’m more than positive that he left out of fear and stigma of a carnivore much like Leano isolated herself out of fear of being revealed as a hybrid. All of this is due to public opinions and such, same for the other hybrid kids being special schooled as their deemed “problematic”.

Also, side note, what the hell was the purpose of the imaginary Chimera?! That technique served for nothing to aid Legoshi so far.

She said that she liked Melon's horns cause it reminds her of the dad's taste. From Melon's perspective, it's pretty logical to assume the mom killed the dad, though. Then again, I think it's a story told from unreliable narrator point of view.

Maybe the mom was so madly in love to the point of insanity, she tried to respect the dad's wish to not be bothered by their relationship anymore, hence the lie to Melon.

Melon is a really fucked up character. But the way he become a fucked up animal is way more fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
The truth is that Melon had a deadbeat dad all along!

Hahahahaha.

Dex-chan lover
Man, mom must be so screwed that she believes she ate her partner. That's just one sad tragedy

Dex-chan lover
If he sees his dad I think this'll escalate...

@AnonDePlume I agree, she seemed incredibly unwell. Its possible him leaving her and her having to cope as a single mother to a hybrid child, with all the scorn and suspicion that comes with that, broke her :c

Users who are viewing this thread