BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 195 - The Last One-On-One Battle of The Mammals

lol when it was mentioned that the climax was coming soon i didnt realise the falling action and denouement was just gonna be one or two chapters... is this really the ending?

Dex-chan lover
So are we gonna get any kind of closure on Haru's suicidal tendencies or nah? I'm fine with the chimera stands being swept beneath the table, but iirc only Louis knows about Haru's stupid promise to Melon, and I can't see Legosi's and Haru's relationship in a positive light with that kind of secret between them. It's easy to imagine her self-destructive tendencies consuming them both in the end.

Ughh it's a shame the melon arc lasted so long. I would've loved to see more development for Sebun, Pina, Juno, Gosha, Azuki, the seafolk, etc. Their world is so interesting, and the chapters detailing stuff like the chicken girl's part-time job, seafolk life, and Bill's adoption of the shock egg baby stand out a lot more in my mind than all the Melon drama.

Group Leader
@OtHeR-THinG It's just a hunch. I don't have any proof that editorial interference happened in this manga, that's just the vibe I've got from how much it shifted the longer it lasted. It might just be Paru being a newcomer to serialized manga and not really knowing where to take the story, but to me it feels way more like an editor going "uhhh, add more fighting! add more action! add powers, randomly! make Melon get away AGAIN!"

Group Leader
I feel like it kind of went the other way myself; for the first chunk, the editor kept a leash on her and then was like, "You know what? This is going pretty good, so lets try your thing." and went on vacation for a year before finally coming back with a "What the hell happened?! We have to end this NOW, while we can get out with dignity intact."

Personally, I could've done without... pretty much all the major storylines starting from when Yafya showed up, and more Jack and fluffy Lamb-chanSebun.

The anime better trim the fat from the melon arc, and then it could actually be good? Maybe? Like chimeras are just gone? Unless he pulls it out with Haru which seems stupid. Good chapter though

All I ask is that Legosi and Louis get more time together in the last chapter. What happened to the Beastars?

The funny edits is what should be the manga at this point 😂👌 it lets me leave the chapters feeling happy

Double-page supporter
Haru was planning to go get eaten by Melon and then just forgot about it......................................................................

I swear, if they do not live together happily. I will be forever depressed. I want them together SOOOO badly!!!

@petra She didn't even know he was part carnivore until Legoshi told her. Remember that when their encounter happened, she suspected that he was trying to eat her, but he shrug her off and instead she believed that Melon wanted to sleep with her

Wait wHAT
Its already ending?! I just caught up too, nooo please please don't tell me it ends after the upcoming chapter!

Tbh, and this is something specific to this author, they always deliver where it counts. I really like this chapter even after the rushed melon chapters.

I hope she gets to remake the last arc. This was such a shit show. This is what manga needed to be more of, although I'm not the biggest fan of the chapter personally. It strayed so far away from it's slice of life roots, it went into shonen and went so deep, there were so many loose plot points and everything just went nowhere. This arc ruined the manga and even the anime for me cause I'm scared of what they're gonna make for the third season.

I cannot wait until the third season of the anime so we see Studio Orange restructure Melon's arc into something that makes sense.

You know what, this is at least closure. I'm happy. I'm full. I'm done and possibly re reading it. But I'm happy with the story. Even if some parts could be better. On a whole I loved it.

FUCK. Sorry for the profanity uhhhhhhHhhHHhhhHHHHHHH I am glad I got to see this masterpiece of a manga while there were new chapters but... I am really fucking sad because its ending. This manga was really what kept me going through the week damn imma miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread