BEASTARS

What the actual fuck. Complete cop-outs on all the major issues, abrupt abandonment of major plot points, and a fake-out development leading to a non-resolution with the major arc antagonist. It's like the author just ran out of ad-libbing ideas and/or lost interest.

Yeah, Paru really kinda...dropped the ball about halfway through the last arc, and it was pretty apparent when Melon just became stronger. It's sad, really. This series has been so good for so long.

Page 10 in this most recent chapter was freaking me out until I noticed why. Look at the line "I love the run by my..." specifically the word after my.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really sad to see this go. Yeah, the Melon arc was boring and drawn out but it's finally over. I was all ready to see what was coming next, only to hear that there were only 3 chapters left.

It's sad to see such a promising series end on such a low note.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, I read 197 is to be the final chapter. The mangaka warned way back in January that she had the ending in sight. We're just here now.

It makes sense, though. How do you top the Melon arc? Everything is finally tying up but it's not being rushed about it.

Dex-chan lover
I was literally just about to hit the drop button, but it seems we only have 2 more chapters so I will bear with it until the end

How do you top the Melon arc?

Very easily. Manga should go longer, with more of the good, normal, slice of life content that made Beastars what we loved, instead of the edgy, action filled sequences that don't seem to really fit in. I don't know if I said it here or not, but Beastars should have never been directed at the shonen demo. There was way too much potential unrealized.

It just reeks of some editor going "Think you could add some more fights and try to appeal more to the shounen demo?" and completely botching what made it so good.

I wish Melon had been nothing more than the minor character that he was to start with, then maybe this manga wouldn't have had such a massive drop in quality and instead stayed consistent with its original premise. Ending it like this feels almost like an axed ending in how abrupt it is. :/

Supporter
Wait, it's really going to end in a few chapters? Shame because I think this series started out very well, but kinda lost its dark charm along the way, and tbh Melon arc wasn't my cup of tea. I feel that ending the manga here would be unsatisfying....

I honestly cant see a way that this manga can have a satisfying ending in the chapters it has left, such a shame cause this manga was honestly really good.

Wait is paru gonna do it like his dad is doing with baki? Basically ending a story and then doing like beastars dou or something?

Users who are viewing this thread