BEASTARS

Dex-chan lover
It actually feels like an axe and I would pretty agree with it, she fucked up this manga so bad damn

With what Legosi's friend said he had learnt in the "high achieving" school, I thought we were gonna have a more social critique oriented plot, but no, Paru couldn't run from her family and dropped a Baki arch.

Aggregator gang
What a fucking garbage arc the entire melon deal turned out to be. Embarassing case of author falling in love with their own shitty villain sue.

Aggregator gang
as Beastars is ending in 2 chapters (i guess) i will give my final scores (and very minor thoughts) for every arc.

Theater/Festival Arc 7/10: a very good start to the series with the initial character drama between Louis, Legosi and haru.

Murder Mystery Arc 9/10: Peak Beastars. Perfect mix of character drama between the Beastars society and the school. Final Fight was hype and satisfying. (had some weird shit going on with the snake though)

Moving Out Arc/Apartment Arc 7/10: Comfy as fuck. Besides Yafya's Introduction nothing that important really happens in it.

Melon Arc 2.5/10: It's shit. i don't know what the fuck Paru was thinking when she got rid of half her characters to instead focus on the androgynous retarded karma houdini unlikable character that is Melon. Legosi and everyone around him got 100x Stupider and all the new characters introduced either disappeared (where is San?) or were REALLY unlikable (Kyuu). Ugh. I'm out of words.

Fuck Paru.

EDIT: oh yeah i also forgot to mention every concept that gets introduced in one chapter and completely abandoned in the next.

@diegoxt45 These are exactly my thoughts. The early chapters leading up to the discovery of the murderer were highly enjoyable and were really well done. The apartment arc also had some high points with a few interesting character introductions and scenes, but then it went to shit after Melon's introduction. Cannot say I regret reading the series and honestly loved the character drama, but could've lived without the supernatural elements and lackluster final arc.

If you guys really want to practice making your face into 😐, I have a quick and easy tutorial:
1.) Go to the beastars manga, any chapter.
2.) Read the "funnies" section.
Profit, because your expression will never change from 😐.

I read the final chapter. Better than Melon Arc, but this confirms my suspicions: this was axed.

GG

Also, best characters in the end were Louis, Pina & Bill.

The others were either too secondary or too dumb

I saw the last chapter. I think people we're not ready for the melon arc and paru itagaku wasnt rly ready or well equiped to tell that story. Such a shame coz this had sooo much possibility of a long driven story but the transition of louis and legosi to "beastars" as i assume she hoped would happen didnt come out good or as she expected.

I get her story and idea a lot and it make sense but she just prolly couldn't execute it the way she wanted.

Like there was so much story element that was crammed in last arc and were missing in it that it didnt make sense. Like legosi training to beat melon. Like he didnt rly need to do that at this arc he just needed something to solidify his conviction. Or louis accepting his love for carnivores. That was barely touch in the arc. It was waaay too legosi centric it doesnt make sense. And them getting together was great but not like they were together to fight melon. The melon fight was just legosi. And louis was just sidelined. And it would have ended great if they lost. And yafya died or something. Just something they could band together as Beastars. And have a deeper tribulation than just a madman who wants chaos. And melon would have been such an amazing villain if he was written better. Less angsty more crazy and unpredictable. Melon didnt rly have much mystery to support his character. Such a waste of character tbh.

Such a shame i really loved this manga. The arcs in the school was really well written and made sense as like introduction to the future beastars but it just missed it for the rest. I really hope she gets better after this or she manage to continue this somehow with another story within the universe with much better and complete story telling. She's not great at writing battle type stories like her dad and i rly hope she doesnt go for that again haphazardly but her story telling is awesome when she goes for more serious stuff.

Also i dunno im still hoping for beastars dou(2021) with like improvements.

Anyways it was fun while it lasted for the most part. I hope she gets it right next round on her next manga. 7/10

I really enjoyed all of the arcs before the revenge of the love failure (melon) arc. which I wouldn't call bad but more disappointing. not to mention i think that the ending is way too rushed, there should have been at least another few chapters to wrap all of this up.
Drama Arc- 8/10
Meteor Festival Arc- 8/10
Murder Solution Arc- 10/10
Life as a Dropout Arc- 7/10
Revenge of the Love Failure Arc- 5/10

Overall this is a solid 7.6/10

For anyone checking out the comments before beginning... you'll get to a point where you're probably going to stop reading.

It starts strong but falls apart rapidly. Patterns of writing become increasingly more obvious and frequent to the point where the only things you can't predict are the things that make 0 sense. [Im looking at you High Heel fight scene].

Everything up until the Yakuza was a solid 8/10 and i recommend the read.

Everything afterward has been hot garbage and you're only going to continue if you're stubborn. When you see the character on the cover art for this manga, you've already gone too far.

good luck.

I agree with all of the others, this was axed, but Paru is not justified to have made such a great mistake with Melon. She left out all social commentary and drama (which made it great and loved in the beginning), to go instead for battle (furry Baki) and weird jokes, maybe being in the same magazine that her dad contributed to this.
I liked the ending, at least it gives a conclussion, even though Paru never solved Haru's inferiority complex, which she reminded us of at the very end.
Yep, a solid 7/10.

that manga might've been my 9 or 10 but once melon appeared it started going downhill. i wouldn't say this usually but thank fuck it got axed because it only got worse with each chapter

Fed-Kun's army
What a fucking ride. Started off amazing and then continually got worse and worse. Overall it wasn't the worst manga I have read, but it is far from the best. 7/10

I didn’t like Melon but I didn’t think his arc was so bad it warranted the series to be axed. I think Paru just lost motivation for the series over time.

Users who are viewing this thread