BEASTARS

Aggregator gang
@me474: At the risk of getting political, furries get a bad rap because the 20% is what gets the exposure 100% of the time. It's the same thing the media does with bad cops and religious extremists: they report on the small minority of bad eggs vs the larger minority who are actually quite pleasant. Because of it, people get hard-wired into thinking "furries are sexual deviants" when it's really more like every day is Halloween for these people, minus the candy (sometimes).
Another reason for furries is that it's a subtle dig into their identity. It's a good outlet for some in the LGBT community who still feel oppressed for being what they are, but when you're a giant cartoon fox, it doesn't matter to anyone. Maybe it's more personal or maybe it's an artistic representation. Maybe it's a costume or, like red, it's just what you draw. Maybe it's just for fun or maybe it's a version of yourself. The reason is different per person.
But like red said, there's the other 20% or so that act like idiots and use it to express their carnal (aka "animal") desires. They do it for attention and unfortunately, that's exactly what they get, not thinking about the consequences of their actions. Or maybe they do and just don't care (hint: That's exactly why). These people like to cause problems and need to see the inside of a cell yesterday.

This is garbage
I almost puke from reading only 1 chapter
Correction
I not even finished it and i almos puke

Beastars has a nice Jojoesque vibe. The contrast between Legosi's grandfather, who wants to protect mixed kids like his grandson and Legosi himself, who must align with pureblood supremacists to defeat his enemies is interesting too.

Never...ever have i felt such sickening feelings and urges to cry or puke from the context of meat, gore, violence, and more it makes me feel so anxious and nervous but its just such a good comic that i cant stop reading! Aswell made me reflect on some things. . .

Aggregator gang
Calling it now:
She kicks (or moves a bit violently) in her sleep and went to get Legosi some bandages for smacking his bloody nose.

Sec

I stopped read this in chapter 80, was there any development between juno and legoshi or does he still like the bunny???

Aggregator gang
@Sec:
Legosi is still in love with Haru and it's assumed they're dating. As for Juno,
she realized she's in love with Louis and confessed to him. They already had sex and Louis seems to be falling for her over his actual fiance who's a deer like him.

Aggregator gang
Good story as long as you can ignore the fanbase. Like most manga that get really popular the fans have pretty much ruined most of the enjoyment I got out of this series.

The series tries to deal with mature themes and it seems most people just can't handle this kind of stuff anymore. Im sick of reading how the author shouldnt do this or shouldn't do that. Or all the disgusting shipping that seems to be worse for this series than I normally see.
(To the point that it almost feels like the author might catter to them and ruin the series)

The weird arguments over furries is also dumb. The series isn't presented even slightly in that direction so there is barely an argument about it to be had. Then the people whining over gore just don't like this genre of story so they are fine for the most part. As long as they don't go preaching about how its the focus of the story, which its not.

Aggregator gang
After binge reading almost 150 chapters in about two days I must report... it's good. Give it a try.

It's almost like a darker(?) version of west side story... though I'm sure a few would disagree with that statement. It's dark when it needs to be; it's light when it needs to be. It has pretty good balance.

I didn't read it at first because i pretty much hate things furry related and i thought it will have the furry type of direction. But because of the opening of the anime i started reading and it is the best. I'm still at chapter 18 and it is getting pretty good.

Edit:
I still don't like the interspecies relationship here. Personally I want them to have a pure ending or something but it is fine if they end what they are in now.

I stumbled on this a week ago, and I pretty much binged it through the weekend. I showed it to a couple friends and they told me it was going to be a netflix series, and I was really elated.

This story has a lot of great elements to it. If you're a fan of Zootopia, and you enjoy darker themes paired with the lightheartedness, you'll probably enjoy this. It explores a really interesting dichotomy in that type of society that you'd need to realistically observe between carnivores and herbivores. It also covers some other issues that I think are worth talking about, but I don't want to spoil anything.

Mainline characters are often given explanations for their personality traits and are paired well with the animal characteristics/habits you'd expect them to have.

I'm sorry for any of you that are held back from a really cool narrative because of anthropomorphic characters. Definitely worth a read.

Users who are viewing this thread