Beatrice

Group Leader
@moonbread if this really wa srealistic as you say, the ML would have been kiled or disowned due to his refusal to assume the throne. Nah someone can beruthless and a good character (like Basra) this just seems like the standard being edgy for the drama. Not to mention him calling humans disgusting after he went and slaughtered. So a hypocrite to boot.

See the problem now. Hes just damn unlikeable and dosent act consistent

not sure how i feel about the ml but the art is so pretty ; 33; i want the fl to have a happy ending urg

The last panel... Her foot made me cringe! Did she just broke it? It bend in the wrong direction!

@theilikepie
Exactly.

This is just another "rapey" love story that screams of delusional. First, the female MC jus decides that being a slave is going to be the best option? And this person has knowledge of our world? She (read: the author) must be beyond stupid to think being a slave is in any way a good idea. Second, the Male MC just slaughtered her whole family and while she may have not known them for more than 2 years, she is somehow just going to forgive this when they eventually get together? How is any of this realistic?

I'm sorry, the only way you would ever truly forgive someone for the murder of your family and wind up with that someone is if you're bat shit crazy. And that, friends, is an entirely different type of story.

Fed-Kun's army
@Moonbread bruh if this was realistic the female lead would, depending on her personality, either be plotting revenge or an escape out of the country 😅 It wouldn't be a romance comic, it'd be thriller.

@theilikepie I think you’re missing the whole point of the story.

Lets talk about male lead
- He can’t be killed because the emperor uses him to lead the knights, he’s an important piece of the empire. Most of all he lead an army, AN ARMY. I don’t know about you but leading battalion of army is very difficult and takes a lot of wits and flexibility. Being leader of knights isn’t just a bluff. It takes plans, YEARS AND YEARS of studying, hands on experience, and leadership. He can’t easily die even if the emperor chooses to kill him. Why? Because he has experience in battlefield where he can fight off, has money to run off to and he can start rebellion against the emperor because before the emperor kills him he had connections to learn the emperors planning on his assasination. Hes an “archduke” the second highest to the empire. You think being a king of an empire you already have the power to anything? No, you need the people to support you and also one of those important people that help the king expand an empire is the archduke, the male lead. If the king loses his MOST IMPORTANT piece of the empire, he would also lose his empire. Finding someone like the archduke is very difficult and maybe almost impossible because he has the skills others don’t have.

- Like I said, his cold blooded ruthless behavior and slaughtering comes from “Kill or Be killed” and his history of childhood. They slaughtered Beatrice’s empire because that empire can later on rebel on the male leads empire, so they had to subdue them. I don’t remember the story but Beatrice’s family was corrupted and it hinted greediness amongst them, this means they want more power. In order to stop them from doing that, the male leads empire decided to kill all of them. Also back then another term was used to describe his actions “imperialism” its when one country invade another country to expand their powers. The weaker ur empire is, the more your prone to invasion. Again it can affect THE PEOPLE AND THE EMPIRE. Imperialism was very common back then. It only stopped after 100 years ago. People back then was very brutal, they didn’t have the empathy like our modern world did. If you think people back then were nice and all like our modern era, then sorry to disappoint you. Imperial family slaughtering was a way to stop them from harboring revenge.
He was nice to her when he let her go, yes he could’ve killed her but he gave her sympathy since she was not a blonde royal and her husband sold her off.

- All his childhood he was treated miserably, he didn’t get the affection and emotional support he needed as a child. Children NEED love and support in order to grow, but there was no one there for him when he needed someone most. In turn, he does not know how to love people back because he wasn’t exposed to communication and affection. Psychologically speaking, he had his reasons to hate the people around him because he just wanted to have a chill life while others are greedy who wants more power and money. But at the same time he needed to kill in order to survive, it was his job and his duty to protect. Because back in the day they didn’t have peaceful butterfly modern world like we do. If he didn’t fight, it would be him who would end up dying.

- You find him unlikable because you didn’t understand and you lack the comprehension on what lead him to that kind of personality. You only ASSUMED and talked about your opinions on modern world with lack of research.

- This has some fantasy but at the same time his actions and the story has a very good sense of reality in it. It portrayed people dying in real life and maybe you should start reading history. This novel depicts maturity and understanding.

@LaDeeDah
-why would she take revenge for her family where she was treated as a tool to be sold off to a man who constantly r*ped her? She was only taken by her family so they can sell her to someone and make connections... SHE HATES her family.

- Why would she escape?? She was branded as a slave and she has nowhere to go to an unknown world. Escaping as a slave means death. AND her new life as a slave she gets to have a home and a food to eat. If you think escaping to an unknown world is easy, then you’re wrong, especially being born as a slave. She also does not have any essentials to live such as money, where would she go, heck she doesn’t even know the geography of her world. You want her to die while trying to run away? She literally got nothing. And theres also A HUGE possibility that she can be captured as a slave again from another shady organization or be sold off to a s*x traffickers which is way worst than she is treated. Remember the guy who told her that she was a “higher” slave who didn’t need branding. Well if she did escape theres possibilities that they can track her down and demote her to a lower class.

I know its a webtoon but at the same time you argued about these things and I have to emphasize the importance of her being smart and staying where she is right now.

Group Leader
@Moonbread nope
His bad childhood doesn't give him the right to make other people childhoods bad. You can depict a person as a conqueror and still .ake them a likeable character with nuance. This dudes a hypocrite who contradicts his every word and is an unlikable pos.

And as long as he putts of responsibility it will still make him weak to be despised of or plotted against by other nobles

Why do you keep on being realism Into this? This story really isnt realistic
Your trying to reach to make it so. There is no maturity in this webtoon at all. Watch as the duke gets healed through all his trauma and misogyny through the poeer of love. And wtf is up with your comments "sorry to disappoint your fragile modern minds but medival times were really brutal"yeah no shit, everyone knows that. But if you have unlikable characters being arent gonna see the "realism" you see and still hate them

Like the story if you want but stop trying to justify it to people who have legitimate reasons to dislike it

Fed-Kun's army
@Moonbread revenge for her family? What? No dude, revenge for herself. For being treated like shit, imprisoned, yada yada. I said it depends on personality. There are people that would want the prince dead after their treatment.

Why wouldn't she escape? It's like you've forgotten she's not a a normal slave. She's a princess. If they find out who she is before the Prince falls in love with her, she's dead anyway. Escaping will be difficult doesn't mean it's not possible. She doesn't have essentials, doesn't know the geography. So? These are all things she could change. It's not like she has to escape right now. She could spend her time figuring out how to get what she needs/learning about the area/even learning how to defend herself. She can prepare as much as possible. All dangers will still be there but it's dangers she'll have some idea of.

If uneducated people can escape slavery in real life, I don't see the reason why a princess in a fantasy comic wouldn't be able to.

It's a webtoon sure but I completely disagree with you. I never said she should leave immediately/shouldn't stay there for now. I said she should be plotting while she's there. In real life would you stay in the enemy castle, where your death is ensured if they ever figure out who you are? Fuck no, I certainly wouldn't. It's not that big an issue here, only because this is a romance comic, there's no way she's going to die. If this was a different genre, that'd be the 1st thing she'd consider.

She litterally got her behind spanked XDDD I'm glad it was just that and scaring her tho

lol thank god it's only spanking but that's a risk tho.. like it could backlash if that woman into that kind of thing 🗿🗿

Users who are viewing this thread