Beatrice

Stopped at the most exciting part, gad next update when? And thanks for translating

It’s cute but also just your typical cute x fierce story. It’s cliche and average tbh. Not a standout but decent,

@Christopher

You haven’t read wattpad and american/western novels? You’ll see much worse except the female leads are way dumber.

Its a fetish for many women but it doesn’t make sense to me either. This one is just pure trash and cliche story. But you’ll be surprised how much reincarnation shoujo genre tags has much more deeming female leads...

Dex-chan lover
@christopher the damsel in distress role is such a popular trope in western media that i knew those 3 words linked together before i knew what a cliché even was. i’m not just saying that because of princess peach. i’m saying that because when you think of superheros - which is inarguably the go-to example of a western media charachter, mind you. - what do they do? they go stop crime, save the world and pick up a female hostage the villain was holding captive, sometimes swapping out the role of the world as what the hero has to save from the big mean villain. if anything, i’d say it’s more reasonable to say american women like getting a$ap rocky’d than asian women by your logic.

TL;DR: no.

Dex-chan lover
@christopher really though, i do see your point. i just guess that we haven’t grown out of our standards for what roles people should play in society. we’re taught that men should focus on being strong, not just to protect but also attack if need be. meanwhile, women are taught more simple convenience skills and told to focus more on school and chores to be the brains to their husbands brawn. a classic dynamic duo.

for example, as a kid i was constantly pressured by my parents to join a sports team and work out. my dad said so because he wanted me to be strong and use it to get the ladies where as my mom thought it would look good on my resume and it could aid me in my basic skills as well as develop my ability to apply myself. another example is how my first ex girlfriend was told by her mom repeatedly that she shouldn’t be playing so many video games (yes gamer girls are real and no they’re not sexy.) because then she wouldn’t have the skills to be a good wife.

the best part to support your argument, however, is how in modern society, we are scrambling to tear that down without as much success as we would like. this also affects the way authors will use gender as a basic for their charachter. this makes what an author will promote to their audience as a role model also different, as now male leads and female leads will sometimes swap characteristics. boys may be cuter, or not afraid to hit a women. girls might have a lot more fight in them or bad cooks, or not afraid to show off their body... although that one has been making small blips in society since bloomers and feminism. and sometimes these characteristics will clash together to make a character that may almost seem more manly or womanly than usual, and that’s exactly what happened with this main love interest.

i don’t have a good tl;dr for this one.

@dysperwithaperiod
While I understand your argument and I don't entirely disagree, there is one major flaw: this is a shoujo manga. Shoujo is targeted at women while the tropes you're referring to are directed at either mainly male audiences or in a general audience which still considers the main viewer as male. To be a fair comparison, this would have to be a chick flick and I just don't seem to recall too many chick flicks that had the female lead assaulted by the male lead and suddenly she thinks she needs to have his babies.

Fed-Kun's army
Yo this is some high level trash right here 😂 No seriously it's a dumpster fire. I dunno why I keep reading, maybe to see how much worse it'll get. It's so dumb it's kinda entertaining

This should have the Comedy tag given the story is so absurd it's making me laugh hahaha

Don't really understand why you guys are hating on a manhwa... it has beautiful art and it's different in that she has basically had many lives or different ways of living. Plus, we are only on the 34th chapter... I find it quite interesting and thank the people for translating this.

Thank you to the translators and the team putting together these chapters for everyone! I really appreciate the work behind this, and honestly, I am really enjoying the story so far :)

Omg a long way to go chloe ... why did you choose to pretend to be a boy ?!!!
There’s already the fact that the archduke considers you a child let him see you as a woman TT

Fed-Kun's army
wait what ? Why did she say she was a boy when everyone knows she is a girl ? Does she even think before she opens her mouth?

why is everyone so dumb? cutting your hair thinking you won’t resemble yourself is basically the same as sailor moon before and after transforming. NO DIFFERENCE but it seems impossible for the characters to identify her. reallllllly

Users who are viewing this thread