Berserk of Gluttony - Vol. 10 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
Blaming you for the bad translation is too much, considering you now have to take the burden alone. Moreover, you are not a native english speaker. I hope you can find a good proof-reader to help you get better. :headpat:

Dex-chan lover
No it isn't. It is absolutely on them for putting out such shoddy work, whatever the petty beef is with the previous TL (who did a far better job) is irrelevant. If you release poor quality work in any field, you should expect criticism.
Then please release the chapter yourself instead of complaining to the poor guy who tried. It's not like he snipped the series in the first place. His reliable translator just left, he had to make do with limited abilities he has to keep up with the release schedule.

Anyway, making this drama in itself is not bad. With this, people will notice the problem and someone might even volunteer to help him.

Dex-chan lover
Then please release the chapter yourself instead of complaining to the poor guy who tried.
Ah yeah, the good old "let's see you do better" fallacy. You do not necessarily have to be able to do a better job of something to criticise when somebody does a bad job. I don't have to be a master carpenter to tell you that a table without legs is a shit table.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yeah, the good old "let's see you do better" fallacy. You do not necessarily have to be able to do a better job of something to criticise when somebody does a bad job. I don't have to be a master carpenter to tell you that a table without legs is a shit table.
Yep. I play as the role of that 'hypocrite guy' to keep the drama balanced. Nolonar did a good job providing the help in mistranslation right away on page one comment section. I honestly don't know much about why arxen decided to left, I don't join their discord after all. I don't even know who provided the raw. So maybe the best choice is to drop this series for good.

Dex-chan lover
Yep. I play as the role of that 'hypocrite guy' to keep the drama balanced. Nolonar did a good job providing the help in mistranslation right away on page one comment section. I honestly don't know much about why arxen decided to left, I don't join their discord after all. I don't even know who provided the raw. So maybe the best choice is to drop this series for good.
Taking a side for no reason other than it being the less popular side of an argument is fucking dumb.

In my opinion, if your work is not something you can take pride in (and nobody should be proud of this TL) then you should not release it until it is. To re-use my table analogy from earlier - if I make a table that has splinters all over, different length legs, etc, what is the better option; say "fuck it" and try to sell it anyway, or go back and practise until I can make something better?

I wouldn't take such issue with this if the guy wasn't begging for money for this dogshit on literally the second page.

Dex-chan lover
Hello, this is james the owner of this scan.....this is technically our series because I changed the name of my scan.....it was neon scans and now it is nihongo scans you can join our discord server and see that yourself in announcements that we did ch 48 and 49.... Arxen sniped me and he announced that we had a split and blah blah blah I don't give a shit....I did it and there is a unspoken rule which he does not know that don't pick anyone's series unless it is 2-3 months

Thank you for your kind words...the translation is bad I know...the previous translator did it and he left so I had no choice but to upload it....I am a Japanese and now I will tl it by myself hehehe
One, Arxen claimed dibs. By the Rule of Dibs, he gets the pick. 2, I hate dramas. If you wish to air the dirty laundry, do it somewhere less public than a scan sniping civil war. 3, i’m a firm believer of action speaking louder than words, so back it up with your quality because i find it lacking. This read like MTL with minimal proofing. Half the pages make no sense.

Dex-chan lover
Taking a side for no reason other than it being the less popular side of an argument is fucking dumb.

In my opinion, if your work is not something you can take pride in (and nobody should be proud of this TL) then you should not release it until it is. To re-use my table analogy from earlier - if I make a table that has splinters all over, different length legs, etc, what is the better option; say "fuck it" and try to sell it anyway, or go back and practise until I can make something better?

I wouldn't take such issue with this if the guy wasn't begging for money for this dogshit on literally the second page.
Agreed. If the guy asking for money’s like GOOD good (and there ARE several solos/small groups that deserve the money owing to being GOOD good. They’re even polite enough to only ask for money on the last page), then no questions asked (and some might chip in). But since this quality is cringe, obviously “questions” were raised.

Group Leader
Then please release the chapter yourself instead of complaining to the poor guy who tried. It's not like he snipped the series in the first place. His reliable translator just left, he had to make do with limited abilities he has to keep up with the release schedule.

Anyway, making this drama in itself is not bad. With this, people will notice the problem and someone might even volunteer to help him.
people should instead volunteer to help the actually competent group instead of coming to james' aid and inflating his ego even more. also, he definitely sniped the series, you can even see that the group releasing it changed (from neon to nihongo). the past translator (still neon) is still working on the series, with most of their staff intact.

someone who manages their group like this and settles for arguably shit quality should not be given any help, especially when they're acting in bad faith

Aggregator gang
I’ll be blunt and say I don’t care about the scanlation drama. But man, the translation here is borderline unreadable.

Dex-chan lover
bwj11PL.png

I don't know what they're talking about either. :wooow:

Awww thank you broooooo, see ch 53....we changed our scan's name....by changing it , we, Inferno Scan, shall not dissapoint you guys. Tell me how the tl is. I did it lmaooo I have not read the previous chapters so it is so-so lol 😆

Users who are viewing this thread