Berserk - Vol. 41 Ch. 362 - Phantasm

Isnt the women the succumbes looking demon during the eclipse? Cause she look very similar~

@K_Takuya
I don't see any comments explaining this, so I will ask.

Who's Makoto Takayama? I know he's a friend of Miura, but is he directly related to Berserk series? The wording in the translation kind of lead me to think that this Makoto Takayama person is an author of Berserk.
He wrote books, and was not involved with the production of Berserk. Just a personal friend of Miura's.

Dex-chan lover
@Iwizesol There are many parallels between Berserk and Warhammer Fantasy. Gaiseric is very similar to Sigmar Heldenhammer, for example, and the God Hand as they originally appeared in the manga were four beings representing similar aspects to the four Chaos Gods. Also, when Miura started Berserk in 1988 the lore of Warhammer Fantasy was very similar to what later showed up in Berserk (compared to now, after the End Times). This is especially seen in the character of the Skull Knight, because in 1986 or so GW tried to come up with a darker lore for Sigmar. There were hints back then that Sigmar was indeed still around in the world but in a form that's somewhat distorted, fighting the Chaos Gods as a zombie god-thing. They didn't go through with that idea but instead exported elements of it to 40K, resulting in the Emperor of Mankind. That said, whatever the original similarities, Berserk has diverged quite a bit, although occasionally we do see Warhammer-y things popping into the art. But yes, there may have been influences from Warhammer in Berserk.

okay we have lolis going kyaaaa and we also have a skull knight cliffhanger. And no story development of any kind. All the pieces are here, yup its a berserk chapter.

Why are so many of you saying the girl is Slan? That makes literally no sense, are you even following what's happening in the story, in these images? The girl has the mark of the sacrifice, and she dies. If Skull Knight is indeed King Gaiseric (which it's kinda more obvious that he is, the further along we go), then this woman was one of his sacrifices, likely the final one.

I'm now more interested in knowing how his timeline played out. Gaiseric coming out of nowhere and uniting warring factions under his empire...I'm guessing that came after he got his hands on the Berserker armor. Once he became King of the land he became corrupt. They say *5 Angels* were sent down to destroy his kingdom after the people under him prayed endlessly for it, but obviously the dude got his hand on a Beherit and activated it for some reason.

I've got a lot of questions about WHAT Skull Knight is, currently, but if the story being told about the Berserker armor is true then his human self "died" inside of it while fighting his way out of the Astral World.

Man...so many more questions, and knowing answer will not come for months and years.

Dex-chan lover
@jackrayner
Why would Skull Knight/Gaiseric be the one who sacrificed his kingdom? This is the Eclipse, which I believe is linked to the birth of a new member of the God Hand. Meaning it was probably Void who sacrificed the kingdom for his ascension.

If I'm understanding the chapter properly, Nobody seems to be as hyped as I am rn

Skull knight is basically the OG struggler

Given how he's cradling that woman with the mark of sacrifice, I'd wager that Both Gaiseric and Guts were caught up in a godhand eclipse that resulted in their lovers being marked.
and just when Gaiseric was about to take his vengeance upon the god hand, something happened resulting in her death, and the emotional trauma forced him to let go of everything and succumb to the berserker armor's rage.

We can assume, because 4 of the 5 god hand members seen here are not the same ones we know,
Gaiseric/ Skull knight was partially successful in slaughtering them and getting his revenge.

This would also explain why Skull Knight has always been looking out for Guts, He wants to help him get his revenge, but doesn't want him to wind up as a walking corpse.

Is this not the hypest bit of Berserk lore, to date?

Fed-Kun's army
Finally, some backstory of Skull Knight. Well, I’ve finally caught up. What a damn journey to get here... Now to wait a decade for another couple chapters 😓👍

Dex-chan lover
@master_of_nonsense I'm not sure Gaiseric was the one who killed the 4 old God Hand, because even as Skull Knight he could never lay a finger on Void or Femto thanks to their space warping abilities. I don't see how he could get around that as a mortal man even in the Berserker armor. However, who knows, you may be right...the old God Hand had to have disappeared somehow.

Dex-chan lover
Skull King killed that 4 fingers for sure, his girl was sacrificed so he lost control and become full berserk who can kill multiple chosen with ease, yet his life-force ended before he killed Void.

Dex-chan lover
Strange thing is since the entire God Hand was there and that girl was marked as a sacrifice it only hints that Skull Knight sacrificed her or someone really close to him did to become an Apostle. We dont know how old he was by then she could be her lover or even his own daughter, but was important enough to him that it was the last memory he held.

Also fun points that she looks like a female Griffith, moreso considering Guts and Griffith relationship previous to his leave to wander around in soul searching (which ironically kickstarted the entire mess). Fate does not repeat itself but is a spiral indeed !! xD

Users who are viewing this thread