Berserk - Vol. 41 Ch. 363 - Leaping Monkey

Dex-chan lover
People got blueballed by Isidro and you know they will be pissed, but i love that scumbag. Personally could have done with less SW references, but otherwise was a really heavy lore chapter.

Skeleton Knight i assume was probably brought back from the dead or was saved via the cursed Berserker Armor and has been lost in rage and his quest of revenge ever since after . We also got callbacks to earlier problems with guts journey like "Her wish might not be the same as yours", "You will lose yourself and when that happens i will be there waiting in the shadows".

Isidro learned to use Gravity, Isma can control Water Elementals to buff the weakest links and Schierke showing how she found a light hearted place where she belongs like Guts with the Band of the Hawks and we know it will end badly. Then Moonboy appeared and that was probably the last leisurly fun we will probably have for a while as he usually only appears as a messenger of trouble.

Also most important Isidro unlocked his true potential and returned to Monke. Next chap probably gonna be end of April hopefully if he keeps the 3 month shedule.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of nudity in this chapter. A lot of important lore though, as well.

Aggregator gang
@Casual0bserver
Berserk subtly shifts its thematic and emotional focus on a very consistent basis. The Golden Age arc dealt with making bonds, overcoming trauma, and finding one's own path in life. The Conviction arc dealt with morality and crisis of faith, and taming one's shadow, leading Guts to realize that keeping Casca safe takes priority over revenge. The FotME arc had the side-characters see more prominence as Guts began to make peace with the fact that in his situation he needs to rely on others and work as a team (which he didn't really do while being in the Band of the Falcon, always being more of a one-man-army unit), which at this point is more of a family to him—much more so than his old band. It also laid the groundwork for establishing Griffith as an entity which is not only juxtaposed to Guts in principle, but also in the image he is projecting: where Guts appears as a black agent of destruction leaving death in his wake, Griffith is a white symbol of security and virtue (even though in truth it's almost completely opposite), which fundamentally changes the nature and drives up the stakes of their personal conflict. This is being further elaborated in the current arc, and here we will also be dealing with how Guts and Casca will decide to continue, considering what they've both gone through. On the one hand, Guts doesn't want to leave Casca alone anymore, but as it stands, he personally can't do anything more at this point, and if he were to go for Griffith, he'd still need help from his comrades. But would it be right to have them risk their lives for his personal matters, and would it be right to ruin the stability the citizens of Falconia have gotten to enjoy?

With the appearance of the Moonlight Boy, the next chapter or two are very likely to be pivotal for the arc, and the development of the story in general. If he is confirmed to be sharing the body with Griffith, it will create a very difficult dilemma for Guts.

I get that the release schedule is agonizing, but the story has been progressing quite steadily since they've arrived at Elfhelm.

Don't you think the island higher-ups are about to flip their shit when they see the child?

Also, just a guess, but Flora maybe dabbled in some black magic voodoo-ery to keep skele-boy 'alive' after the eclipse.

Miura pls, don't do a 20 page chapter every 3 months and then use half of it for an Isidro skit
Pls miura

I understand the guys need to make sure the art is perfect and what not but he has to know he made a bomb ass story so I hope he finishes training those assistants so maybe the time between berserk releases gets shortened

Double-page supporter
Jesus Crhist, half of the chapter was useless. It really made me wonder what even was the point of Isidoro anymore, like what does he even add to the team besides being "dumb comedic relief boy". I remember he tagged along because he admired Guts or something, but ever since his character felt stagnant to me.

Anyways cool chapter overall, too bad half of it was wasted on filler.

Users who are viewing this thread