Berserk - Vol. 42 Ch. 372 - The Red Raven Sleeps in the Birdcage

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is a thing in general with the continuation of Berk, rather than this chapter specifically. Remember how Miura used to draw how Guts would move and all the funky stuff he did in his Berserk armor mode, this is totally different from that and the choreography is minimal.
I'm just happy it's continuing. It's not that big of a deal to me. Though I wanna check out Holyland someday soon and see if that's how the action scenes are done there as well. Maybe it's a Kouji Mori thing.

That panel that focuses on the cursed brand on her titty... I wonder if Griffith keeps her as a snack to complete his ascension
I speed read Holyland once and actions scenes are a bit up-close and old school but the actions transition and flow very well between panels.

There's a distinct possibility that this is the team sticking to what Miura told them that they could remember. There potentially may not be elaborate fight choreography.

Dex-chan lover
How do we know it is still Miura's vision of Berserk? Does someone have any info on this?
If you read the announcement on Twitter they said that his friend, the author of holy land, knew the story and he would not include anything that he didn't remember a 100%. So he's just going by memory and probably author may have left notes. We don't know beyond what they disclosed in that announcement.

Dex-chan lover
There's a distinct possibility that this is the team sticking to what Miura told them that they could remember. There potentially may not be elaborate fight choreography.
I mean it's more than a possibility, it's literally what Mori stated when the continuation first began
FUnyHJdaAAAxVhl

FUnyJ9gakAAVIB0

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, seeing Casca fight so hard was really hard to see. This is not the world she belongs in. She is not some sort of princess to be kept in a castle.

I feel sorry for the guards and maids just doing their jobs.

Griffith once again has a plan to unite the world. Guts and co. are an ocean away, and they can't do anything to fight him. I wonder what's next for the story?

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps the East is where Rickert, Erica, Daiba, Silat and the rest of the Bakiraka are taking refuge at.

Dex-chan lover
They should just end this. It's lesser in the art than the original, the flow is all off, the writing subpar. It's like seeing someone wearing berserk's skin as a suit. I'm surprised over what a poor job they've done to continue such a big ip
Nah I think you should stop reading if those are your true feelings, if they want to finish it that's up to them, but you can make a choice too

Dex-chan lover
I think that's fine. The art in the chapter looked great. Miura's 'zerk being impossible to replicate just proves how amazing it was, and it'll always be the GOAT. I still very much want to read this continuation by the team

It looks better than the previous chapters, but the style is still a bit off. The plot wasn't that good since kushan arc, but now even the narration feels extremely choppy. Turns out that the real strugglers were the readers all along.

Dex-chan lover
It looks better than the previous chapters, but the style is still a bit off. The plot wasn't that good since kushan arc, but now even the narration feels extremely choppy. Turns out that the real strugglers were the readers all along.
Yeah, I know the feeling. I think the dialogue/narration will always feel choppy or kind of abrupt because Mori and Gaga want to stick so closely to only what they remember of Miura, but with the art improving as it is I think that at least is on the right track, so I'm happy overall.

It's ironically like what Guts said when he failed to catch Casca with his iron hand when they were on the ship. "Even if you try to force it back, it won't be just as it used to." But even so, if you persevere, you can capture a bit of it, if not all of it.

to his credit kouji mori-sensei's Holyland is personally one my favorite works and resonated with me (at least the early chapters) on a deep level. I cannot find fault with the man for trying. with that being said. I've yet to read a single chapter of this new berserk from start to finish. what I have skimmed though feels like not a shadow.. or even a shadow of a shadow of what Miura-sensei's vision once was. that man's attention to detail in his rendering truly had no parallels or peers and to look upon this work now is just to be in pain. why look at all then? cause I miss the man and his work and of course I am curious as we all are. but to me the series ended with Griffith in tears all those many moons ago.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like Zodd is going to switch sides and bring Casca to Guts once Griffith is out on his next expedition.

Dex-chan lover
Casca is seemingly in a sedative state, and when she is aware she immediately tries to kick some guards in and flee towards guts. Definitely makes sense, and it definitely makes me pissed off even more at griffith. Hopefully she has some allies on the inside.

Dex-chan lover
i have but 3 comments:
• hi ganishka
• random background kid could be joachim entirely based off his hat
• i hope east isnt where rickert is

Users who are viewing this thread