Berserk - Vol. 42 Ch. 372 - The Red Raven Sleeps in the Birdcage

Dex-chan lover
I've read some complains here about the art or the action scenes but c'mon, can't we just be grateful it keeps on continuing? Look at Miura's art, it's a 12/10. The Studio and Mori are giving it their best to replicate that and of course it doesn't quite reach the original but it's still top notch to me. I'm just happy I can keep on reading it with the best possible quality in this circumstances. Also I've said that already when Miura was alive but I don't mind the waiting. Good art needs time.

Aggregator gang
Well, great. After Miura finally had her become a character again, Mori has turned her back into a quest object. Wonderful. Just. Fucking. Wonderful.
Well, Mori is Griffith after all, but at least Casca can still kick some serious asses unlike before.

Dex-chan lover
page 5 What? Did they censor nudity? F*ck Mori and Studio Gaga, they ruined Berserk.
page 12 nvm Mori and Gaga are the best.

Aggregator gang
Hey, I like tan muscle girls as much as the next degen, but Casca shouldn't have any muscle left. It's been, what, a year since the eclipse? I doubt she was doing crunches while she was retarded.

Dex-chan lover
Still better than that "Leaping Monkey" chapter anyway.
Maybe the only good thing about the fact that Miura is no more involved with this manga is that finally Isidro will fuck off out of the way.
That kid alone dropped the overall quality of this manga from legendary to very high.

Double-page supporter
Ok, but what's up with all the closed eyes? Does Mori cringe when drawing those new crystal doll eyes and decide to make everyone like Serpico? Understandable.

Dex-chan lover
NEXT TIME ON BERK: A secret CIA couple has infiltrated Afghan territory giving advanced weaponry to the local tribes of assassins who are holding their ground well against fantastic creatures and Griffith's army altogether. Will Griffith succeed in his efforts to claim this hostile terrain full of mountains, fearless well trained and well equiped guerrillas and powerful magic users in his pursuit of MUH DREAM or will this be his first defeat? Find it out in the next 10 years of Berk.

Dex-chan lover
Fu1J8tyWAAEC_Bf

FUCK GRIFFITH
FUCK THE GODHAND
FUCK THE "GOD" OF THE ABYSS
FUCK APOSTLES
FUCK THEIR FOLLOWERS

Dex-chan lover
Nah I think you should stop reading if those are your true feelings, if they want to finish it that's up to them, but you can make a choice too
I already did. After writing that I re read Miura's last chapter, confirming how bad the writing's gotten and moved this manga to dropped. Could even stand the art getting worse but putting his friend to write this instead of someone who's skilled at this kind of story ruined it. The contrast is stark.

Feels like lots of great Manga are updating the past few days. Feels great!
Not much happened this chapter. More like a soak the atmosphere of Falconia chapter, huh. That's fine too.
Just one complaint about the action scenes, choreography is still lacking. Still this close-up -> slash effect -> result of violence instead of a zoomed out scene showing how characters actually move. Ah well, can't complain too much.
Thanks for the TL

You know, by choreography I mean stuff like this:

5emGETa.png

c9jzzgB.png
I don't think Miura ever used sword whoosh effect without showing any of the action like the current team does.
It was a good chapter and I really love the idea that Mori, Miura's best friend, sees this though! But I totally agree through. The panelling also still seems kinda off compared to Miura's often times simple but highly effective way to tell a story and focus on action, that was clearly readable. Miss the choreography too!

I already did. After writing that I re read Miura's last chapter, confirming how bad the writing's gotten and moved this manga to dropped. Could even stand the art getting worse but putting his friend to write this instead of someone who's skilled at this kind of story ruined it. The contrast is stark.
Mori is a skilled storyteller himself. I mean - Holyland is one hell of a read! I can not imagine the burden it is for him to finish this story, and I'm sure he can deliver the best version we can hope for after Miura passed away. I've followed berserk for 22 years, and I'm so happy we'll get some kind of conclusion, even if it's a bare bones one - Mori's got his reasons for sure. I'm sorry you don't enjoy it anymore, no one can live up to Miura's craft, though.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
How do we know it is still Miura's vision of Berserk? Does someone have any info on this?
Only that he passed on his intent to others, what he had planned out to the end, as well as teaching them his style.

Users who are viewing this thread