Berserk - Vol. 42 Ch. 372 - The Red Raven Sleeps in the Birdcage

Dex-chan lover
Well, great. After Miura finally had her become a character again, Mori has turned her back into a quest object. Wonderful. Just. Fucking. Wonderful.
Didn't Mori get a lot of story beats from Miura before he died. Casca might have always been going to be kidnapped. Especially since she can't look at Guts or even think about Apostles without having a panic attack. Hopefully Moonchild helps her with that mind control stuff next time he gets up.

Dex-chan lover
Well, great. After Miura finally had her become a character again, Mori has turned her back into a quest object.
I trust Miura's best friend and Miura's crew about what Miura intended more than an anon, so I'm more inclined to believe that Miura genuinely intended this and that the idea that he's "objectifying" Casca is excessively reductive of her circumstances.

Dex-chan lover
It thinks it is the author's artistic choice: Casca is in a trance-like state, so memories are fragmented and that is reflected through the choice of up close and confined action scenes. Or I think about this too much.
I feel like this is a thing in general with the continuation of Berk, rather than this chapter specifically. Remember how Miura used to draw how Guts would move and all the funky stuff he did in his Berserk armor mode, this is totally different from that and the choreography is minimal.
I'm just happy it's continuing. It's not that big of a deal to me. Though I wanna check out Holyland someday soon and see if that's how the action scenes are done there as well. Maybe it's a Kouji Mori thing.

That panel that focuses on the cursed brand on her titty... I wonder if Griffith keeps her as a snack to complete his ascension

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is a thing in general with the continuation of Berk, rather than this chapter specifically. Remember how Miura used to draw how Guts would move and all the funky stuff he did in his Berserk armor mode, this is totally different from that and the choreography is minimal.
I'm just happy it's continuing. It's not that big of a deal to me. Though I wanna check out Holyland someday soon and see if that's how the action scenes are done there as well. Maybe it's a Kouji Mori thing.

That panel that focuses on the cursed brand on her titty... I wonder if Griffith keeps her as a snack to complete his ascension

I speed read Holyland once and actions scenes are a bit up-close and old school but the actions transition and flow very well between panels.

Dex-chan lover
They should just end this. It's lesser in the art than the original, the flow is all off, the writing subpar. It's like seeing someone wearing berserk's skin as a suit. I'm surprised over what a poor job they've done to continue such a big ip

Dex-chan lover
Griffith reducing Casca into a husk like this is so distressing. What the fuck does he even want with her

Dex-chan lover
How can someone like that freaking Griffith? I hope his ending is slowly and the most painful thing on Berserk story, ffs. I never despised a character so much! At least seems like Casca is starting to recover...? Somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread