Berserk

Fed-Kun's army
@Swifft That was nicely done review. even after having read the series for years now, multiple times, it's nice to see another persons opinion on the series done so well. A pleasure to read, especially with the... "mood " music you linked in the beginning. ? Also enjoying your other stuff too. Keep up the good work!

Aggregator gang
This series shouldn't even have the button to star it, it should be set in masterpiece by default with no way of changing it.

Dex-chan lover
In the latest chapter (357 as of writing) there's a particular line: "Serving alongside lord Griffith, is to dwell in legend."

To read berserk as it comes out is to dwell in legend. Berserk is this generations new masterpiece, proudly standing among other mighty epics like Lord of the Rings, Odyssey, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms!

Reading Berserk gives the same feeling of following Griffith described many times in the story, the sense that what you are experiencing will become legendary among future generations, the sense that anything is possible as long as you keep following it!

Am I laying it on a bit thick? Probably, but that does not diminish the extent Kentaro Miuras accomplishments in the slightest.
We can only pray Miura won't screw the story up somewhere and in his despair sacrifice all of his readers to become a member of the Godhand in order to write the greatest piece of literature that will ever exist.

Dex-chan lover
Miura is a coward at this point
He's afraid of saying he does not want to work on Berserk anymore. He's afraid of the backlash, which is justifiable to a degree.
Berserk made him, the fans supported it now for a long time. Granted, a lot of time has passed, it's understandable that it would burn anyone out. But it's just not fair to the fans, he should have just let it go and passed the project on to someone else. Just clutching to it and holding it hostage for god knows what reason, money, pride, stubbornness, whatever it may be is just wrong. A spit in the face of the fans. Is he jaded? Is he just an asshole? Midlife crisis? He may never know.

To me this manga deserves a 1 rating. It has been abandoned and this fact alone soils the whole story when re-reading it.
This is never getting finished in my opinion, at least not in the pace the whole manga carries itself, not even close to it.
Shameful.

Supporter
I've been reading Berserk for years so i'm well aware of the waiting time between chapters. I'm just hoping to see the ending to this series lest it keeps going on like this and being abandoned by Miura.

Dex-chan lover
9ExqgbM.png

This was good at one point, and the chapters that do rarely come out are still good, but it's been dropped and will likely never be finished so, no point in reading it.

Angry man with hard life kills ugly monsters and people with large sword to protect people he cares about. Berserk at its height is one of the high watermarks of the medium and even the later chapters while not having an engaging story comparably is still drawn beautifully. Just be aware it will never end.

Users who are viewing this thread